-Part XX-

—Part XX—

Clint's POV

"......I saw her at the mall today.. "

I drove my car fast, hoping I can still see her at the mall like how Lenny texted me. "Damn this traffic. " I glance at my wristwatch and it says 9:46pm "fck! " I keep beeping until the traffic is gone and I flash my way towards the mall. The moment I parked my car I immediately run towards the entrance of the mall but the guards won't let me in. "Sir.. I'm so sorry but we are closed, come back tomorrow. " Fck fck! I have to see her.

I tried looking for her at the parking but failed, I couldn't find her again. Frustrations filled me up. "James? What are you doing there? " I look up and saw Lenny looking at me. "Where is she Lenny? Where did you saw her? I need to talk to her! I need to touch her—" she cut me off by cupping both of my cheeks. I somehow calm down, she brush my cheeks and smile.

"Do you realize how much you're crying James? It's ridiculous. " I look at her in the eye, and it's not only me who's crying but also her. "It's ridiculous, because no matter how much I tried. It's always her you're crying for, it's always her you're longing for. It'll never be me. " I felt her pain for a second as she brush off her tears and move away from me. "They went home awhile ago. We made up James and I was hoping you both can live happily together now. "

She's about to go but I held her arm. "Who's she with Lenny? " Pain rushed through her eyes but she tried to smile. "Kian and—" I didn't let her finish and ran off to my car and drove towards Kian's house.. I was panting when I arrived at the porch of Kian's house. I breath deeply before I started knocking. I hear them talk inside.

"Will you open it up for me hon? " I heard her voice, I hear her. I closed my eyes for awhile as the door opens and my eyes landed on the kid I saw at the airport. He smiled at me "Uncle Clint! What are you doing here? How did you know I live here? " I stared at Blake who was still smiling. "Hon who's there? " Her voice is getting closer and I took a glimpse of her face.

For 5 years, I never thought that life can be too boring, I never thought a part of me can still live when she left, but now that she's here in front of me I couldn't utter a word. "Moma! He's Uncle Clint! The one I told you about, the one who talked to me at the airport—moma? Why are you crying? You too Uncle Clint? " D... She's in front of me, I can finally reach her. I can touch her and feel her. "D... "

"Moma? What's happening? " D brush away her tears and lowered down to Blake's level. "Nothing hon, you go sleep now and let mommy take care of the v-visitor. " Then she also pecks a kiss on his forehead, I frowned anf brush away my tears. Who's this kid? And what's up with the mommy thing, wait.. she couldn't be married right? I trace a look on her hand and see no ring so I sigh in relief. "Hey Deb.. who's there? Aren't you sleeping? It's late now. " My eyes widen when the guy from the airport wearing only boxer came into the picture.

"Oh Nick.. Why are you wearing only that? Psh. " They're totally ignoring me. "Well, it's too hot here you know. Unlike at home. I'll take Blake to the room while you take care of your...visitor.. " That Nick guy eyes me curiously and hold Blake's hand and went ahead. I almost wanted to head home because I feel like I don't belong here.

"C... " I see her hand clasps together uncomfortably and we stand there in silence. "D.. Who was that? " Those are the first words that went out of my mouth. "Who do you mean C? Blake? Or Nick? " She ask but I couldn't answer, maybe I'm scared that she'll tell me it's her husband and their son. These thoughts alone kills me. I shake my head and smiled bitterly at D. "N-no.. n-nevermind. I-I'll go ahead.. " I hurriedly went to my car and drove, D called out to me but I didn't listen.

What if it's the case? What would I do? How could I even accept that? 5 years.. for 5 years I've been trying my best to be a better person for her and knowing that she came back with a child and a guy. "Damn! Fck! " I didn't went home, I headed straight to the bar and drink it all away.

"You're back again. " The bartender said as he was mixing drinks. "It sucks. " He places my drink in front of me and I drink it in one go. "What sucks? The drink or what you were going through? " I chuckled sarcastically. "Remember the girl I told you? " He pours me another one and I drank it. "The girl you've waited for years? " I nodded and poured another one and drink. "Well.. she came back.. with a child and a guy but... She's not married I see no ring! She can't be married. "

"What will you do now? You know, if she's not yet married you can still snatch her away and the kid? It can't be that hard to raise a kid even if it's not yours. Have you talked to her? " I shake my head and drank all night, until my vision became fuzzy, I felt dizzy. "Here you go and your tip. Thanks! " I handed him a 1,000 bill and went ahead.

"H-hey! " I didn't let him finish and went out of the bar then head to my car with my fuzzy vision and unsteady walking. "You can do this C.. C.. " then I chuckled sarcastically. "She called me C.. she's back, damn.. I missed her.. " I blurted as I went inside my car and tried to start the engine but it didn't start and I frustratedly punch the steering wheel.

"You're mine D.. " I sob softly and places my head on the steering wheel. "D... " I tried to start the engine again when I felt someone opened the passenger seat and went in. I couldn't see clearly but she's just staring at me. "D? Deborah is that you? " I reach out to her and hugged her tightly, I felt her hugged me back. "Let me drive C.. " I shake my head. "I won't let you go. If this is a dream please don't wake me up. I couldn't... I couldn't face the truth that you had a child with someone else... "

Her touch went up to my cheeks and caress it. "What if it's yours C? Blake is yours. " Whaaat? But I didn't realize that I fell asleep. The next thing I know is I'm home, in bed. I'm not wearing what I was wearing last night and there's a tylenol and water on my bed side.

"What happened last night? "

———
A/n:

Well? How's that? Okay? Tell me, do you think it's Deborah who sent him home or some other girl?

Feedbacks are appreciated!

-c_j