Chapter 19 - For Frodo

Aloryssa awoke with a start.

It was silent, and there seemed to be no other's present in the room. She moved her feet off of the bed she was placed on, slowly sliding off, her legs stiff. Aloryssa let out a whimper, before gently lifting the shirt she was wearing to see bandages wrapped tightly around her torso, from where the spear entered, and then left her. While she was bruised and discoloured, she didn't let that stop her.

At the base of the bed she found her clothes and weapons. She quickly got dressed. Walking out, she found herself in the healing chambers of Gondor, where hundreds of injured soldiers received attention from healers.

"Excuse me, where is Lord Aragorn??"

"He left. They March towards the black gates."

"How long ago?"

"I'm afraid they departed about an hour ago my Lady."

Aloryssa sprints out of the room.

"My lady! You are not healed!"

Ignoring him, she ran through the streets of Gondor towards where she believes the stables are, she would have to try and find some armour as well, hopefully they had some in elf maiden proportions.

"I need a horse!" She calls out to the attendants, but before they could react, she hears the sound of a familiar neigh.

"Arloon!" Her horse is lead to her, having made it through the battle, and her armour is still strapped nearly to it's back.  Aloryssa gives her steed a loving pat, before putting on the protective armour.

Mounting with a gasp of pain, she pushes him out of the stable and then out of the city, on the road to the Black Gates.

"We need to make haste Arloon!"

Together, they race across the battlefield, and to the paths of Mordor, until she can see the small army of her friends marching towards the gates of Mordor. Reaching the rear of the group, she slows only a little, moving around the side, racing to the front of the swarm. She can see the fellowship, nearly all the members, save three. They were close to the black gates.

"ARAGORN!" She bellows, making the man leading turn abruptly.

The look of shock on his face gives her a strange feeling of pride. She makes it to the front of the group merging into the march.

"You didn't think you could finish this without me did you?" A cocky smile made it to her face.

"Well, considering the fact that you nearly died just in the last battle, yes. You are meant to be healing, what are you doing here?" 

Aloryssa let out a huff.

"There is not much point in me healing if the battle toady does not go well. Besides, I am perfectly capable of fighting today."

Aragorn sat tall in his saddle, not breaking eye contact, as Aloryssa stared back. She dared him to try to send her back.

"Okay," Aragorn nodded, "We are yet to meet with Sauron's council."

The group came to a stop, lined up next to each other. There was silence, as the moments ticked over. 

"Where are they?" Pippin asked. 

Our small group kicked our horses forward, towards the gate.

"Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth!" Aragorn commanded, "Let justice be done upon him!"

There was a large moments silence, then the Black Gate began to open. A groan filled the air as the Gates creaked open, allowing a dark rider to come through. His horse was covered in black armour and he wore black, covering most of his body, except his mouth.