Chapter Eighteen

In about an hour, I learn that I will have therapy twice a week with Kelly, as well as family therapy. There are activities to do during the day, and of course attending group activities, aka 'getting involved', will earn me more privileges. When Kelly asks what I expect all I can tell her is that I just want to feel like myself again. Although at this point, if I am being honest, I am not even completely sure what that means. Still, I leave her office with the smallest spark of hope.
I would not say I am in a great mood, but I am not totally depressed and decide to check out the Rec room before going to the lunch hall in three hours. The Rec room looks like a big living room. There is a television, a couch, some chairs, a couple of tables, books and board games. "Looks like they covered everything." I say this out loud. A horrible habit that I have been meaning to break, talking to myself.
"Excuse me, I did not quite hear you." I hear that velvety smooth accent before I even see the jade green eyes.
Shit. I did not even see anyone in here. It is like fate literally keeps throwing us together, but I always look crazy when it does. Well, guess I am in the right place for that. "Oh-my-gosh." I say this as if it is one word. "Sorry... I was... well I was talking to myself." I laugh nervously. Really?  What is happening to me?  I do not get nervous around guys... ever. Scared once, but never nervous. Time to put on my game face. "Guess the rumors are true, I am crazy after all. You know what they say about crazy girls though, right?" Really? This is the best line I could come up with.  I mentally smack my forehead.
"Umm, no do not think I do. But... umm... I am guessing you are going to tell me." Scott looks at me with those piercing green eyes. He still holds his pen in his hand as when I had first spotted him, the notebook on the table he sits at is full of words. Suddenly I want to know what those words are. Is it a journal? Does he write songs? Could be in a band?  Perhaps, a letter to a girlfriend that is missing looking into those green eyes of his.  I am sure I will never know.
Oh right, he is waiting for me to answer. A piece of his light brown hair falls just a little in his face then and that is when I know my next move. I walk over, with my right pointer and index finger I gently brush the hair off his face, I tilt my head and look right into his eyes. "Crazy girls, equal crazy great sex." I give Scott a crooked smile before turning on my heels and walking away. As I enter the hallway a thin girl just a little shorter than me with long blonde hair and blue eyes stands with her mouth hung open. I am not sure if my ears deceive me, because let us face it, no one ever thinks I am that cool, I swear I hear her say, "That was so awesome." But I do not dare look back to check. Always leave them wanting more.