Chapter Twenty-Six

As my eyes slowly fluttered open, letting in the brightness of the morning sun, for a fleeting moment I forget the events of the night before.  Then in a wave it came back to me.  My scream, Kelly running in and seeming to know why I would frighten so easily.  Then there was my run-in with Scott and ending the night with his rejection.  Oh, and let us not forget Nia's bragging.  At least she did not seem to have a clue about my interactions with him that night.  Nothing like a silver lining in what was a horrible night and what would surely be an even more horrible day to follow.
     Today I would start my therapy.  I had no idea what to expect.  I knew in the pit of my stomach I would have to talk about everything, and I mean everything at some point.  I just did not know when that point would be.  Would Kelly want to dive right into the topic that I was so very much dreading because of last night's events? 
     Seems to be I am my own worst enemy, always making things more difficult.  I sucked in my breath and rolled to my side to check my clock.  Another day without breakfast it seemed.  Therapy was at ten today, so I had plenty of time to get ready for that at least. After a semi-hot shower and finally picking out some jeans and a shirt that said 'Luke's Diner' on it, I had only fifteen minutes until my therapy session.  May as well head down, I thought to myself.
     Because fate is out to get me, as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs my eyes locked with those brilliant green eyes I had been dreading to see.  Why not have an awkward moment before therapy?  I swear, sometimes I can hear someone laughing at me from up above.
     Being the 'mature adult' that I am, I decided ignoring Scott was the best approach.  Of course, pretending not to see him was rather futile, because of course he obviously had seen me.  As I attempted to walk past Scott, he stepped right in front of me.  I did not want to see him I told myself, yet my entire being felt prickly as the electric pull to him coursed through my whole body.
     "Please Katrina, can we talk?"  His velvety voice asked, as he looked at me with pleading eyes.  How the hell was I supposed to say no to that voice and those eyes?
     "I have therapy."  Was all I responded.
     "After then?"  Scott asked.
     "Fine."  I said this as indifferent as I could muster.  Inside though I felt even more anxious... but I also felt... hope?