Chapter Eight

As we reach the top of the stairs, we come to a long corridor with three doors on each side. Kelly shows us to the last door on the right side. "This will be your room," Kelly says as she opens the door. Standing inside is a girl not much taller than me with jet black hair. Her eyes look just as black, especially with all the makeup.
My mother is the first to speak. "I did not realize the rooms were shared."
"All the rooms room two people in this section. Most are like this, aside from some special circumstances."  Kelly explains.
"She means the rich people that do not have to rely on insurance to pay for their little fucked up children to be here." The girl says this with a completely straight face, lack of any emotion at all.
"Language Nia. That will be one demerit." Kelly says sternly. Okay, so she can be tough when she wants to be. The girl just cursed, not a huge deal in my book. Not that I am going to jump in and defend this girl.  I do not know her, and I doubt she wants to get to know me.  Kelly turns to me then and says, "This is Nia, your roommate." She then turns back to Nia. "Nia, this is Katrina.  I expect you will make her feel welcome."
"Hey," is all I say. This girl does not seem like the welcoming type.
Nia just nods at me and turns on her heals to sit on her bed. She picks up a book and begins to read. From where I am standing, I see she is reading The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. I have never read the book, but I did see the movie on television.  It is about a psychotic killer. Great, not only is this girl not that friendly, but I will most likely be lucky if she does not stab me in my sleep.