Chapter Twenty

"Woah, what was that about?" I asked Jazzie, my dark brown eyes burning into her crystal blue ones.
    "What?  Nia?"  She asks all causal, as if it was just business as usual.
    "Yeah, Nia.  That is my roommate."
     "Oh, dam girl I would start sleeping with a weapon under my pillow."  My mouth fell open is shock.  "I am kidding!"  Replied Jazzie.  "That girl's bark is way worse than her bite.  We went to the same school.  We are kind of friendenemies you could say.  So, when the two of us both ended up here Nia figured it was the perfect chance to torture me."
     "Oh."  Was all I responded.
     "Look, she is fairly harmless.  However, now that she knows you are friends with me, I would not expect her to be nice to you anytime soon.  We have just never really liked each other.  No major story there, just two different people."
     I looked at Jazzie suspiciously, feeling like I was not getting the whole story.  Finally, Jazzie relented.  "Okay," she says, throwing her hands up in the air.  "I may have also slept with her boyfriend... like the only guy she ever dated in our school... while they were together."
     "Dam girl."  This is all I respond to Jazzie.
     "I guess I should also mention at this time, that word is she was checking out your boy.  If you are really into this guy, I would make a move quick.  Before ice queen sinks her claws into him.  Because once she does, trust me, you are not going to want to look in his direction."