V

"I JUST WANT TO GO TELL MY FAMILY THAT I'M GOING TO BE FINE," LUKE PLEADED TO THE CREW

"Oh, come on Kanan, it's the least we can do," Ezra added, jumping in. He gave Kanan a pleading look as well and Kanan sighed. 

"Hera, is it too much to just go out of our way and drop off Luke here?" Kanan asked. 

"Uh, no probably not, why?" Hera called back. 

"He just wants to talk to his aunt and uncle," Kanan replied. 

There was a quiet moment before Hera responded. "Sounds good. Luke, come on up here to help me adjust course," 

"On it!" Luke dashed up to the cockpit after Hera's voice. Kanan looked at Ezra. 

"You alright kid?" he asked. 

"I'm fine," Ezra sighed. 

"So, imaginary friend huh?" Kanan shifted, looking slightly uncomfortable. 

Ezra frowned. "Yeah. It's complicated. What's up with you?" 

Kanan looked at him. "You don't - you don't feel it?" 

"What?" Ezra frowned for a moment. "Well, kind of. There's always a tug to Luke but...why...what's wrong?" 

"It's just," Kanan shuddered. "You two...you both release so much energy into the Force. You're strong - stronger than any Force connection I've known," 

Ezra looked at him, surprised. "Really?" 

Kanan nodded. "And this 'imaginary' friend thing - I think it's because...I think it might be a Force Bond." 

"A Force Bond?" Ezra leaned forward. 

"It's an ancient idea...myth almost because it only happens once in a thousands generations," Kanan sighed. "It seemed to die out a while ago but...it's basically a special connection. Usually between families. It's the strongest type of connection through the Force. You can see the other through it - none of their surroundings, just them. They're able to sense each others feelings and memories and their connection to the Force is stronger as well." 

Ezra paused. "That would explain a few things," 

"Yeah well," Kanan breathed out. "Supposedly there's dangers as well. We'd have to find another temple to get true information and even then we might not find what we're looking for." 

"Yeah..." Ezra trailed off, thinking about everything he said.

"Well," Hera came out with Luke. "We're here." 

"Come on!" Luke waved at Ezra and grabbed his hand. "I want you to meet my aunt and uncle!" Ezra followed willingly but as soon as they stepped out, he froze. 

Luke was frozen as well. 

"Oh no," Hera whispered. "Oh, Luke...I'm so sorry..." 

"What..." Luke sounded heartbroken and Ezra stepped forward. In front of him was a farm that was burning with high smoke. 

"They must have seen us go this way," Ezra murmured. "I - I am so sorry Luke," 

Luke's face tightened. "It's - It's fine. They wouldn't have let me leave anyway...I - I just need to go and get some stuff...I'll be back." Luke marched off on the sand towards his broken home. 

Ezra debated it for a moment before heading on after him. The layout was interesting but there were burn and scorch marks littered all over the place. Ezra kept going forward, trying to find Luke. 

He found him there, in the middle of the whole house, kneeling. Ezra could feel his grief and stayed behind for a moment, wanting to let Luke grieve for a moment. 

Then he slowly stepped forward and kneeled down next to Luke. "Luke, I -" 

"I have no where else to go," Luke turned to him. "You have to take me now," 

Ezra stepped back. "Luke, I - I think you just need a minute, okay?" 

"No," Luke shook his head. "I've always felt like they weren't my family you know? Like, I always felt like it was you and Leia that were my...my family - my real family and - and I just need to leave -" 

Ezra reached forward and pulled him into a hug. "Your emotions give you away," he whispered and felt Luke begin to shake. "It's going to be okay, but it doesn't have to be right now," Ezra pulled away to rest his forehead to Luke's. "Okay?" 

Luke sniffed, tears rolling down his face. "Okay." 

"Take your time," Ezra hugged him again. "But we should head back to the Ghost and get to the fleet okay?" 

Luke nodded again. "Let's go Ezra,"