XII

EZRA, LUKE, AND LEIA HAD BEEN WANDERING AROUND THE TEMPLE, JUST EXPLORING AND SEEING WHAT WAS HERE

It had been a few days - about a week - and in this time they had found living spaces for all of them. They found a training arena, a library, a meditation area, and some locked off areas. Ezra figured that there were parts of the Temple that were collapsing and since the Temple itself was force sensitive, it locked those parts off.

The wooded areas outside could also constitute as a race course or another training space. Right now though, the twins had gone looking for a book on Force Bonds and Ezra was laying down on the Temple steps and thinking.

In the long run, he knew that this peace was only temporary and one day he would have to continue to fight the Empire. He did miss his other friends - his other family - but at the same time he was more than happy to stay with the twins and their family.

Luke and Leia were honestly an extension of himself. They had spent years together and even though Ezra cut off the connection to protect himself, he was more than willing to open it up again.

He wasn't quite sure how to feel about Anakin being his new master but Anakin had taken the three of them aside. He said he wouldn't train them to be Jedi. He was going to train them to use the Force and use their powers for good.

He also made it clear that he didn't exactly want to be called master - he had a problem with that and when they learned from Padmé that Anakin had once been a slave it made sense.

Plus, Anakin was no longer a Jedi was he?

Ezra didn't have a problem with Anakin helping him train. After all, he was Anakin Skywalker the Hero with No Fear, who wouldn't want to be trained by him?

But Ezra couldn't help but feel like something in his path had changed and he no longer was a Jedi. But he wasn't a Sith either.

Ezra had gone looking for a possible explanation for what that could mean and he had found Grey Jedi who were neither light nor dark. After a bit, Ezra seemed to notice that Anakin was the same. He was teaching them to use light and dark with everything they did.

And Ezra couldn't say he minded that.

The fight seemed so far away. It almost seemed like it didn't exist but Ezra could still feel it. His friends and family fighting the Empire. And where he was, he couldn't do anything to help.

Ezra blinked, being pulled from his mind as he heard a low grown through the Force but it was a groan he recognized. He sat up and glanced around before looking to the sky. He slowly smiled seeing the purgil flying above him.

He watched them move, their tentacles flashing while they wandered slowly over the planet. Ezra's expression fell a little as a tiny one started floating down to the surface.

Ezra stood, wandering down the fence and following the baby virgil's movement as he swam through the air and did little kid circles around him. Ezra smiled, and he put out his hand. The purgil skimmed his face across the hand, making a happy noise through the Force.