XV

AHSOKA LOOKED DOWN UPON AHTOHALLAN WITH ONLY SLIGHT DISTRUST. 

The planet was strong in the Force and that's why she and Kanan had suggested it but it's energy seemed torn between pulling them in and pushing them away. It almost seemed like it was assessing who they are and if they were a danger to the citizens below. 

Which didn't make the most sense but Ahsoka felt it nonetheless. 

"Commander?" Ahsoka turned to see Sato glancing at his technicians. "We've checked and it seems as though the Imperial operation has evacuated." 

"Well that's a relief," Sato sighed. "Continue our descent. Let the others know about the possible clearing we found." 

"Yes sir," the technician turned back to the screen and Ahsoka turned back to the view. 

Chopper Base had been a good base but the Empire was close on to them and Sato didn't want to take any chance. So here they were, looking for a new base. 

Ahsoka turned a little when she felt Kanan's suppressed Force signature come in through the doors. Ever since they had watched Ezra leave four years ago, he muted himself and separated himself from the Force. It was sad to see from Ahsoka's perspective but a bond between a master and a padawan was strong and everyone dealt with events differently. 

Sabine Wren was a prime example. 

They had been on a supply mission and did a risky maneuver of stealing on a Star Destroyer. Once they had gained access aboard, they stole what they needed and were on their way out when Kanan said he felt Ezra's presence. 

They turned and there he was. Boarding a ship with Darth Vader. 

Ahsoka was the only one who knew who was under that mask so she  understood why the crew around her felt betrayed and confused. Sabine yelled his name and the two figures turned, Ezra's eyes widening and as they attempted to try and run towards him, Ezra turned and ran onto the ship - Darth Vader close behind. 

When they left and met up with the rest of the Rebellion, Sabine was enraged and refused to speak or do anything for a week. Kanan told Ahsoka that Sabine was probably angry because she had left her family because of the Empire and it looks like Ezra left his family for the Empire. 

"It just doesn't make sense," Kanan had muttered, confused and betrayed. Ahsoka knew that he wasn't angry, just lost. "I don't understand why..."

Ahsoka didn't know how to help him, she just told him that it was likely that Ezra had a plan. It was just completely unlikely he joined the Empire.

Him and Luke. 

It had been so startling when Luke showed up. Ahsoka saw Anakin in him immediately. It was hard not to. 

And the bond that Luke and Ezra had...on some level it was almost revolting. The Force swirled around them tightly, holding them together. And the more time they spent together, the stronger that bond got and the harder it was for Kanan - and even Ahsoka - to be near them without wanting to almost throw up. 

 Ahsoka could handle it for the most part but Kanan almost always got headaches. And when he confided in her that he thought it was a Force bond, Ahsoka agreed with him. The name sounded familiar. It sounded like they should know what a Force bond is and the strengths and dangers of it but it was always just out of reach in their memories. 

"So," Kanan's voice jarred her and she turned a little. He looked at her. "Ahtohallan. Planet of the Force." 

"Mhm," Ahsoka nodded. "Hopefully it will be our new base." 

Kanan hummed appreciatively back. 

"Commander Sato," a technician and pilot called. "We've landed sir." 

"Scout out the clearing and help the others land," Sato ordered. "No offloading until we confirm that the Empire has left and it's a safe base to relocate. Captain Tano? Captain Jarrus? Care to help in that department?" Sato glanced over at Kanan and Ahsoka who both nodded. 

"Consider it done," Ahsoka turned and Kanan followed her and they left the brig and down out of the ship. Hera, Zeb, Sabine, and Chopper all met them at the edge, walking away from the Ghost

"Looks like we've got a new base," Hera smiled, gently kissing Kanan's cheek. "How was the trip?" 

"Better," Kanan muttered. "You guys helping us scout this place out?" 

"Obviously," Sabine twirled her gun, still stewing and looking annoyed. 

"So where do we want to start?" Hera asked as Ahsoka began to turn towards the forest. 

The other voices began to drift off as she felt a strange presence coming from the forest. The Force seemed to be calling to her now. It gently waved over her, feeling her out and the welcoming her. She figured it had pegged her as a friend which was good. 

"Kanan," she called, stepping towards the forest. "Do you feel that?" 

Kanan paused. "Yeah. Yeah I do." he walked over next to her. "What is it?" 

"The Force," Ahsoka replied. She peered closer to the forest. "I'm following it." 

"Then I'm following you," Kanan shrugged, keeping a hand on his lightsaber. The duo glanced at Hera, Sabine, Zeb and Chopper. Zeb and Sabine looked at Hera while Chopper warbled something and left towards the Ghost

Hera grinned. "And we're following you." 

Kanan smiled and Ahsoka smiled as well. She turned and led the way, keeping a hand on one of her lightsabers and another in front of her to guide her. 

It was a surprisingly short walk when they suddenly stumbled onto a Temple. Ahsoka looked at it, examining the shape and the foliage covering over it. 

"It looks like it hasn't been used in years," Kanan muttered. 

"It's not a Sith temple," Ahsoka muttered. "But it's not a Jedi temple either." 

Kanan frowned. "You're right." 

"Ahsoka, Kanan," 

The duo turned to see Rex and a couple of Rebellion troopers wandering around the Temple. "Glad you two - five could join us," Rex tipped his head at Hera, Sabine, and Zeb who were close behind and gazing up at the Temple. 

"What's going on?" Ahsoka asked. 

"Well, we're trying to see if anyone is in the temple," Rex explained. "Sato saw this on the radar and asked a couple of us to check it out." 

"Interesting that he didn't ask us," Kanan glanced at Ahsoka who shrugged back. 

"I'm sure he had a reason." she told him. "Any news that you have for us Rex?" 

"So far? Absolutely nothing," Rex sighed. 

Suddenly a few troopers called out and Rex, Ahsoka, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, and Zeb ran over to where the yelling came from. 

In front, the rebels were pointing their guns at a man and a wookie who were coming out of the Temple. 

"Whoa whoa whoa!" the man yelped, waving his hands. "Hold on -!" 

"I thought this planet wasn't inhabited?" Rex frowned just as another voice came from inside. 

"Han, what's going on?" 

The man - Han - stepped to the side and Ahsoka's eyes widened. 

Ezra Bridger's mouth dropped open when he saw the rebels. "Oh. That's what's going on."