VII

LEIA STANDS STILL FOR A MOMENT

LEIA STANDS STILL FOR A MOMENT. "OH MY GOD I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT."

"Wait, what?" Luke blinked rapidly.

"Well the scenes we saw and then the ending scenes...and why else would we see those scenes if they weren't connected to us in some way? Or you," Leia added thoughtfully. Luke blinked again.

"I'm not sure I'm following..." he muttered under his breath.

"The only way to truly figure all of this out is for you guys to come here," Leia decided abruptly. Ezra outright laughed while Luke frowned and winced slightly.

"Um, I don't think -" he started.

"Yeah, that's not happening," Ezra crossed his arms. "We have training here and the rebels need us."

"Well, are you doing any missions right now?" Leia put her hands on her hips and looked at him.

Ezra grappled for words for a moment before saying, "Well no but we don't even have a ride there - I doubt Hera or Kanan would let us go,"

There was a pause and Leia pondered that.

"Well actually," Luke spoke up and Ezra glanced at him with a confused expression as the blue-eyed boy racked his brain as to what Luke could be talking about.

"No." Ezra shook his head. "No we are not going to that Corellian -"

"He was nice and told me to call him and he has a ship supposedly the fastest out there," Luke said quickly.

"Great!" Leia beamed. "So, call that guy up and get on over here!"

"No we can't - wait, why is she -?" Ezra stopped as Leia faded away.

"It happens sometimes. We only get to talk for so long," Luke jumped up to the bunk and scrambled around.

"How does this force bond even work?" Ezra grumbled. "It's like an on and off switch only we have no control - what are you doing?"

"Sending a message to Han," Luke typed, his hands flying.

"Wait, what?" Ezra blinked. "Wait, I wasn't lying - we can't -!"

"I know this doesn't mean much to you but this is my father," Luke interrupted impatiently. "And - and the fact that Leia and I both felt connection it makes me wonder if...if...oh I don't know if we're related. And this might be some of the only family I have left."

Ezra stared at him for a bit. "Fine."

Luke grinned. "I knew you'd come around."

"Yeah whatever."

"When I said call me, I said it thinking you weren't going to do it," Han's eyebrow was raised and he looked at Luke expectantly

"Well, you offered. Your bad then," Luke hefted his backpack. "This is Ezra - you remember him?"

"Yup," Han waved to the door. "Come on in guys. Where you headed?"

"Alderaan," Ezra said, walking up the ramp and into the ship.

"Ooh that might cost you a lot," Han whistled.

"It's just one trip," Luke begged. "Come on, please Han?"

Han sent him a small glare. "We'll talk later, preferably before I get there."

"Of course!" Luke nodded rapidly. He dashed onto the ship after Ezra. Luke was a little giddy and high on life because he never really snuck away to do anything. And when he did, he was always giddy like he was now.

Ezra gave him a slightly strange look when he saw Luke but gave a smile in return. Luke jumped a little when Han boarded and shut the door.

"Everyone strap down, we'll be off this junk hole in minutes," Han told them.

"You won't tell anyone about Chopper base right?" Ezra asked quickly.

"Kid, that's the least of your worries," Han snorted. "Besides, whatever happens next, I think I'm stuck with you two,"

 "Besides, whatever happens next, I think I'm stuck with you two,"

Vader had a nagging presence in his mind. One he hadn't felt in forever. His dreams, when he could dream peacefully, were filled with such hope that he hadn't felt in well...ever. 

Something was changing. Vader wasn't afraid. Maybe a little but not enough to have him go to his master. If anything, he felt himself separating farther from the Emperor. 

He knew it was a bad thing but deep down he couldn't care. Because deep down he was still Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker hated to be enslaved.