Kabanata 30

Surreal

Nagising ako dahil sa isang panaginip.

I felt my dried up throat. I can't seem to move my body or I am still adjusting the lights I am seeing.

What just happened?

I certainly do not remember anything at the moment. The room smells alcohol and full of white paints. I saw the centralized aircon on the far left and a door, maybe the toilet?  And the door on the far right. Inilibot ko ang mga mata sa paligid.

I am all alone?

Bumukas ang pinto mula sa far right at pumasok ang isang black nurse.

"The patient is awake, requesting Dr. Ruelyn to come at the VIP section room 1b" sabi nito sa intercomm nang kwartong iyon.

"Where am I?" I panicked, paano ako nakarating rito? The last time I remembered I was filmed and was beaten by couples of Libyan militias.

"Don't fret dear, you are safe..."

"Where am I? Where is Aria? Aria?!" I cannot contain my own emotions right now.

Where am I? Where is Aria? I wanna see her. The last time I checked, we were abducted and we're detained but she was transfered to another room and all I heard about was her cries and shouts.

"Calm down dear.... You are safe.. The doctor is coming to check you.. You're going to be okey.." Alo nang nurse sa akin. But, I doubt kong maniniwala ba ako kaagad sa kanya.

"No! Get me back! Get me back! I wanna go home! I wanna go home!!" I felt my hysterics boiling up, I could taste it.

"This is home..." anito sa akin. I tried to detach my hose from the IV fluids near my bed.

"Dr. Ruelyn! The patient is having her emotional confusions..please proceed to the room immediately!"

Ilang segundo pumasok roon ang naturang doktor at iba pang nurses. They hovered around me which suffocates me in the process.

Somebody injected something on my IV hose and I went off the grid all over again.

I woke up again on the wrong side of the bed.
I do not know what's the matter. Hindi ko alam kong ilang beses akong natulog at nagising.

Masyadong heightened ang lahat nang emosyon ko sa katawan, I do not know kung nasaan silang lahat at kung ano ang nangyayari.

Hanggang mapanaginipan ko uli ang nangyari, in my dream, I was abducted and beaten. They put a cloth on my mouth, they hit me multiple times because I insisted not to help them or cooperate with them in filming me.

Chase was shot in front of my face! Brij was forced to get out of the car while Todd and Shane were terrified and crying couldn't do anything!

Aria! Aria was with me and was brought to the other room. I heard her shouts and cries of pain and her asking for mercy.

Aria?!

Bumangon ako nang maalala siya! Nagulat ang lalaking nakatayo malapit sa pintuan. May ibinulong ito ngunit hindi ko naintindihan ko ano iyon. I saw his earpieces and the wires near his neck.

"Who are you?!" Sigaw ko sa kanya.

"Faster Doc, she's in her defensive stance and she's hysterical" ulit nito sa sinabi.

Pumasok si... Malala? Malala Yosazai?

"Dom!" Anito.

"Dominique! You remember me?"