Kabanata 33

Truth

Ilang araw na akong nagkukulong sa kwarto ko. Alam kong may nakabantay sa buong bahay, courtesy nang mga tauhan ni Major Runes!

Ilang araw ang nakalipas matapos ang mainit na sagutan namin ni Marcus sa harap mismo ng puntod ng anak namin.

He was so devastated! His eyes dark and bloodshot when I told him I got pregnant and that I lost the child.

He was so angry why I didn't tell him about it. He has the right to know, he said! And that, that I was wrong with all of my speculations about him. That I was being immature and was so full of my own self. That I was so selfish that I only think of myself and my hurt and my pain.

Alam ko na malabo ang aming ugnayan noon.

Who could blame me for this? Siya pa talaga? I admitted that I had my share of faults too.. I was the one who experienced the loss,  remember?!

I went crazy and insane! I was out of reach for how many months! I was abnormal!

Adelaide Sommers,  knocked the door thrice and went inside my room. I didn't mind her.

"Eat please, or else... I will inform your parents about it"

Ganoon palagi ang sinasabi niyang pananakot, kung kaya ay napipilitan akong bumangon at kumain sa tuwing magdadala siya nang pagkain sa aking kwarto.

"Dr. Brij called. Said, he's visiting"

"I don't want visitors. If you'll let them in, I won't eat." She sighed and nodded. Okey Adelaide Sommers, let's do some bargaining from time to time.

I heard all the comotion outside my door. After an hour after my meal. I said, I don't want visitor, do I?!

"I am so sorry Mr. Kapoor, Ms. Albert doesn't want to see anybody"

"Is that what she told you Adelaide?"

"Yes Dr. Kapoor!"

A minute later he repeatedly knockin' on my door.

Hindi ko lang siya pinansin, after almost an hour he stopped.

Thank God he did.

Bandang hapon, lumabas ako nang kwarto para pumuntang kusina.

I stop on my track ng makita ko si Brij at Shane sa Sala. Kalalabas lang din ni Todd mula sa kusina bitbit ang tray nang mabangong cookies.. Kasunod nito si Mrs. Sommers.

"Look, who just showed up" pukaw ni Brij sa mga kasama matapos niya akong makita,  wala akong nagawa kundi ang lumapit. They're playing board games now.

Wala bang duty ang mga ito?

"Why are you here?" I asked

"We're visiting.. Adelaide, we miss her and her cookies", Shane look at Mrs. Sommers then.

"Can I talk to you at the lawn?" Brij asked without waiting for my answers. He stood up and went outside to the lawn. We have our table set there so we seated on one of the chairs, I seated away from him.

"What?"

"We'll have our session here." He declared.

"I don't"

"Don't you know that we are all worried about you?! Aria is good to go. You, you're stuck in here again like what happened years ago! What are your plans huh?"

"I don't have a plan!"

"This is so not you then!!"

I am containing myself. I am controlling my emotions which hurt my throat because I am stopping my cries.