Kabanata 32

Nightmare

"Help!" Napabalikwas siya ng bangon mula sa kama matapos magising mula sa isang panaginip.

She is sweating bullets at naghahabol nang hininga habang ramdam ang tambol nang kanyang dibdib.

"Oh my god.." She whispered low.

Ilang minuto siyang nakasandal sa headboard nang kama habang tumitingin sa sinag nang araw sa siwang nang kanyang bintana sa kwarto. Pilit pinoproseso ang panaginip.

It was a snowy evening on her dream that she was driving. She was driving on her way to the hospital, she was pregnant, at ilang minuto lang ng takbo sa kotse niya ay pinaulanan nang bala ang kanyang sasakyan. Tinadtad ng bala ang sasakyan niya dahilan upang ito ay bumaliktad at umikot nang ilang beses sa malamig na kalsada dahil sa pgkawala ng control niya.

It landed with a thud, I saw myself strapped in the driver's seat and my head was bleeding profusely pati na ang pagdaramdam niya sa mainit na likidong umaagos sa kanyang mga hita patungo sa kanyang binti.

She stiffened.

Her car door was opened and armed men, in uniform ay pumalibot sa kanyang sasakyan. Ambulance is in its way to where they are.

One of them opened her car door and checked,

"Stand down" anito at itinutok ang baril nito sa kanya kahit hilong-hilo na siya at duguan at mukhang dinurugo!

Mula sa pagtutok nang baril nito sa kanya ay hinubad nito ang suot na green helmet na  isang sundalo lang ang nagsusuot at pati na ang suot nitong balaclava.

To my horror, it was Marcus Iñigo Riggs who pointed his gun at me and worst, he fired!!

Natigil ang aking pagbabalik tanaw nang marinig ang katok sa pinto.

It was Adelaide, inviting her to have her brunch.

I was on my way outside the village when I saw a car on standby nearby the village's entrance. My forehead knotted, that car's suspicious.

When I got out of the exit, I drove fast as I could and started honking the horn of my car. The car is speeding right behind my car.

I suddenly remember my dream this morning, my car was shot so many times!

I felt that the car is hunting me down, so I impulsively step on the brakes!

I heard and felt the loud bang of the tail lights and its impact of the other car's hood.

A prawl car lurking around stopped and went to us.

"What's happening?" A cop came out from the car and asked me.

I trembled and open my car window.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... I have received an emergency call Sir.." I trembled again because of the lie I told him.

I ended up having 70 dollar on my name due to the violation I made. But the car I bumped, didn't exactly made his complaints..and that's more suspicious!

I immediately parked my car on the VIP parking of the Hospital. Sinalubong ako ni Todd sa lobby nang hospital na pinagtatrabahuan namin.

Nabangga ko pa siya sa pagmamadali.

"Whoa! Slow down Doc..."

"I'm sorry Todd. Come on let's go! I think someone's following me around",

"What? Where? Should we report it to the police?" 

Hindi ko na pinansin ang tanong niya at sumakay na ako sa elevator patungong doctor's lounge sa second floor nang hospital.