Chapter 36

The meeting started when the squad arrived. T'ilvesh started by thanking them for their time to help him out.

  "Chuff, we need all of your race that are in the fleet to report here." T'ilvesh started "Until they are here, I need all the knowledge you have about your planet."

  "I'll try, Sir," Chuff said "but I was very young. We left when I was only four years old. I don't remember much."

  "What ever you can recall, until the others get here." the Commander replied "The rest of you study the planetary scans, become as familiar as possible with the terrain."

  "I'll do my best." Chuff promised "Twenty one years is a long time ago, though."

  The others were already studying the surface. As soon as he reached the table the others started asking if he knew where on the planet he was from.

  "My Mother would know," Chuff said "I could get her here in an hour."

  "She's in the fleet?" Cory asked, surprised "Yeah, go get her, please!"

  Chuff threw a salute and ran out towards the hanger. When Cory told T'ilvesh what was happening, the Commander agreed with Corys decision.

  While Chuff was gone the rest kept studying the scans, they would wait until Chuff returned before studying topographic  scans of his home.

  Before long Chuff returned with his mother and brought her to the group sitting around the table.

  "Thanks for coming," T'ilvesh greeted Chuff's mother "I hope you can help."

  "All I can." she replied "My name is Gwersa. It's nice to meet you."

  "Nice to meet you as well." Cory said.

  Introducing herself to each of the team, personally. That done Gwersa got briefed on what they needed.

  "Right," She said pointing to the region she came from "Can you zoom in a bit."

  "Down to street level," Krystal told her "As soon as we're able to launch the drones."

  "If the other planets are any indication," Gwersa said "the landscape shouldn't have changed too much."

  She pointed to a city saying "That is the largest city in the area." Gwersa said "Can you bring the magnification up?"

  Adjusting the controls brought  the city closer. With her finger she followed a road to pinpoint the town she had fled so long ago. Zooming in closer she pointed to the exact block she had lived in. Now that they knew where they were going it was time to bring up the topographic maps of the sector.

  "Are there any cave systems in the area?" Rufe asked.

  "No," Gwersa replied "We do have an extensive underground transit system though."

   An hour later Shoure was getting fidgety, constantly looking over at the dispenser.

  "Time to take a break." Surni said "I'm getting hungry. So what do you suggest, Cory?"

  "Get the sandwich from earlier." Krystal told Cory "That will be a taste treat."

  "Alright," Cory said "I'll need some help carrying it back."

  "I'll go." Shoure said "I need to stretch."

  His 'explanation' drew laughter from the rest of the squad while Gwersa looked puzzled.

  In minutes they had brought back plates with the gyros, placing them in front of each member. Sniffing the aroma, each one was curious about what type of meat was being served. Cory told them about the seasoned lamb and beef dish.

  Shoure didn't wait in taking a huge bite, smiling as he chewed.

Just as he did with Krys and T'ilvesh Cory gave them the sauce for the second bite, receiving another culinary victory for Earths food.

  After eating they studied the area for another two hours before being dismissed.

  "It's too late to take you back to your ship, now." T'ilvesh said to Gwersa "I've had quarters prepared for your use, while you're here. Did you bring any personal needs with you?"

  "I didn't bring anything with," Gwersa replied "I didn't think I would be here this long."

  "No matter." the Commander stated "Your help and that of the others from your world, is sorely needed for this to be successful."

  "When will they be here?" Gwersa inquired "I'd like to get some sleep."

  "They'll be coming throughout the night ," T'ilvesh replied "They'll be shown to quarters to rest before the meeting. The rest will be here in the morning. Go, sleep, have a good night."

  "Alright," Gwersa responded "Thank you, Commander, for everything."

  "Don't thank us until we've won this." T'ilvesh said "As far as I'm concerned, this has to be done."

  With that T'ilvesh excused himself and left Gwersa to go to sleep himself.

  "Come with me, Mom," Chuff requested "Your quarters are close to mine. I'm glad you're here. We really need your help."

  "Let's get a snack, first." His mom suggested "We can catch up. It's been awhile."

  "Sure."Chuff agreed leading the way.

  When they got there, the rest of the squad was seated, leaving two seats open.

  "I thought you were going to rest." Gwersa observed.

  "Soon," Krystal looked at Cory and winked "However, we thought you might be hungry again. Gives us a chance to get to know each other a little since we're going to be working together so closely."

  "Sounds good to me," Gwersa said "Gives me a chance to finally meet his friends."

  Chuff brought back two steaks and put one in front of his mother.

  "What's this?" Gwersa asked Chuff.

  "It's called a steak." Chuff replied "It's from Cory's planet."

  Gwersa cut a piece of the bloody rare meat and chewed, smiling as she relished the flavor.

  "That's awesome." she agreed "This is in all dispensers?"

   "Sure is." Cory affirmed "All the foods from two trips to Earth as well as cooking instructions that use the ingredients I brought."

  "Thinking ahead, good," Gwersa approved.

  "Necessity," Cory said "If you don't know Shoure well...you'll understand once you know him a while."

  "Sounds intriguing," she replied "Not dangerous is he?"

  "To your waistline, probably." Krystal remarked "To you, personally, no."

  Chuff and Gwersa finished their snack and left for bed. Thinking that was a good idea, Cory and Krystal left for bed, themselves.