Nine

Olivia's POV:

As Scott talked to Linda at the front desk, I helped Stiles hold Liam up so he wouldn't collapse to the ground.

"What the hell?"

I look and see my mom and Melissa across the hall with confusion written all over their expressions.

"Uh..." I trail and look to Scott for help.

"Hi, mom?" He nervously smiled.

Melissa pinched the bridge of her nose and rolled the nearby wheelchair by the front desk. "Don't worry, Liam. We'll take good care of you."

"Put him down easy." My mom ordered Stiles and I. We carefully place him on the chair and she grabs the clipboard from the front desk while Melissa began to wheel him away.

"I got to get going. I promised Malia I'd help her study." Stiles says to Scott and I, and we both nod.

"I want to check on him anyway." Scott regretfully stared as we watched them wheel Liam to one of the empty rooms.

Stiles stops himself from walking towards the exit. "I don't need to say that wasn't your fault, right?"

"I don't know."

"Scott, if you used your abilities, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have just a broken leg." I nudged his side with a small smile. "It could've been worse."

"If I hadn't been so worried about being captain, he wouldn't be hurt either." He nodded his head towards the hallway.

"It's okay to want something for yourself once in a while." Stiles patted his arm. "Team captain, Alpha werewolf,"

"Don't forget about a certain kitsune," I add and see his ears perk up at the mention of her name

"You're still only human." Stiles gave him a small smile before walking to the exit.

"Aren't you gonna head home too?" Scott asks, but I shake my head. "How come?"

"I'm not in the mood to be stuck home alone with a stranger in my room." I cross my arms as we both continued to walk down the hallway. "Kira texted me and said that she dropped her off at the house so she'll be fine."

"I've been meaning to ask, how are things with you and Allison?"

I shrug. "If I'm being honest, I can tell she's still uncomfortable if we're alone. She didn't want to come with me to tryouts since her and Lydia went somewhere."

"But are you guys together?"

"I don't know. I feel like she's hiding something from me." I bit my lip nervously. "Sometimes I think eventually we'll grow apart."

He stops me from walking by grabbing my arm. "Wanna know something I learned? You and Allison are never going to stop growing. Think of your guys' relationship like a tree. The branches grow from the center and will continue to grow no matter what, but the roots? They're mirroring the branches that are growing just as much, similar to the foundation. The soil would be communication, taking care and looking out for each other, and—"