Fifteen

Olivia's POV:

I wince as soon as two players harshly slam against Liam to the ground. Brett easily maneuvers his way to the goal and throws the ball inside, scoring another point for his team.

Liam pushes himself up and drops his lacrosse stick on the ground, almost as if he was about to tackle the players. Scott and Stiles quickly rush to his side, pushing him back as the Devenford prep players cockily walked back to their positions.

"That should be a foul." I grumble, taking a couple of pieces of Phoebe's popcorn which causes her to turn away from her friend and Mason who sat beside her.

"Oh, sure Olivia. You can have some of my popcorn." Phoebe sarcastically remarked but I reached over again to grab a handful.

"Thanks, Priscilla." I innocently smile and toss the popcorn in my mouth.

"So you're Olivia?" Phoebe's friend asked with a curious expression. "Olivia Flores?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah, why?"

"O-Oh it's just—sorry. You were the talk of the town about the whole English-teacher-trying-to-kill-you situation a while back. I just wanted to see if you're doing okay." She offered her hand. "I'm Violet."

"Thanks." I shake her hand. "Nice to meet you."

The game starts again and luckily Stiles sweeps the ball and throws it to Kira's net which successfully lands inside.

I watch in awe as Kira instantly ran across the field, dodging every player she could. "Go, Kira!" I cheer as she spun around someone before giving an amazing shot that gave our team a point.

Everyone around us cheered, me along with them as I stood up from my spot to clap for her but Coach didn't seem pleased at the slightest

"Yukimura! Get over here!"

She quickly jogs over to him as she took off her helmet, still holding a smile on her face. "Yes, Coach?"

He points to the bench behind us. "Take a seat. You're benched for the rest of the game."

Her eyes slightly widen. "What? Why?"

"You didn't pass."

"I had an open shot."

"The play was for you to pass. This is a scrimmage. It's about teamwork, Yukimura. So, you're benched." He pointed behind him once more and she defeatedly walks to sit behind him.

"It's okay Kira! You did amazing!" Phoebe assured and Kira gave a small smile as she sat down.

The game continued for a bit longer and I watch as Liam sprinted towards Brett who had the ball while another player I didn't recognize ran from behind him.

The three instantly slam into each other, causing the crowd the gasp as we heard cries of pain.