Twenty-six

Allison's POV:

"Just let me do the talking, alright?" Braeden said to me, her hand holding on to the doorknob that led inside the interrogation room where Haigh was in.

I nod. "Of course."

She turns the handle and pulls open the door for us to step inside, shutting it behind me once we enter.

"And who the hell are you?" Haigh rudely asked Braeden before his eyes locked with mine. "Aren't you a little young to be a cop?"

"That's none of your concern about her, deputy." Braeden answered as she took a couple of steps closer to him. "I'm a U.S Marshal working in conjunction with this office and I'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Yeah, well, I got a question." He sarcastically smiled. "How'd you get those scars?" I glance over to Braeden and see the three slash scars on her neck, remembering that it was from one of the alphas from the alpha pack.

Braeden shrugged as she walked to his side. "A werewolf." She simply answered which caused my eyes to widen, wondering why she casually brought it up. "How'd you break your nose?"

"What's that supposed to—" Braeden immediately interrupts him by swinging a fist directly to his face which causes him to cry out in pain.

"What the hell!"

"Now that you got a taste of who I am, talk. Who else were you working with because according to Parrish, you're too stupid to come up with plans by yourself." She asked as she wiped her knuckle on her pants.

"I'm not saying anything." He spat and Braeden slammed her hand on the table in front of him, causing him to flinch.

"I'm only going to ask you once and I expect an answer from you. If you're still too stubborn, I'll make sure you're spending the rest of your life sharing a cell with inmates who aren't exactly fond of someone who used to be with the police." She emphasized harshly and his eyes slightly widen. "Who were you working with?"

"I-I don't know their names!" He stuttered and Braeden snapped her head towards me.

"Call the department and make sure there's a room open for Haigh and—"

"I swear! I don't know their names but they were planning to be at a bonfire tonight!" He shouted and Braeden turned to face him.

"What bonfire?"

"At the high school. Before I tried to kill Parrish, I was in charge of looking up the names on the list to see if some of them were on the lacrosse team and we got a couple of them. We were supposed to do the attack tonight but I got selfish and tried getting the money from Parrish for myself." He leaned against the chair with a sigh. "It obviously didn't work out."

My phone starts to buzz and I quickly pull it out of my pocket, seeing Olivia's name flash on the screen.

As much as I'm still mad at her, I answered anyway.