Thirty

Phoebe's POV:

Mason and I walk out of the school and parked by the school buses were a blue Prius nearby. "There's her car." I point and Mason nodded.

"Yeah, her car's here. Do you want us to look around the school and see if we could find her?" Mason asked Liam on the phone.

I lean close to Mason to hear his response. "Yeah, definitely," Liam answered. "Call me or Olivia as soon as you find her."

"Got it." He replied before he ended the call. "Good thing we didn't leave campus yet."

"Honestly, I think she's probably in the bathroom but we can check the hallway where Kira's locker is." I chuckle as we pull open the doors.

We walk inside the now empty halls, the only sound of our footsteps echoing at each step we took.

"Lydia?" Mason's voice echoed. "Are you here?"

I peek my head inside the empty classrooms, seeing only the empty rows of desks lined up. "Not in here." I spoke as I walked out.

As we turned to the next hallway, my eyes trail to the sleeve of a jacket on the stairs to the next floor. "Isn't that Kira's?" He asked.

I shrug but we continue to walk towards it. As we got closer, there was also a phone placed beside it and I assumed it had to be Lydia's.

Mason reached down and picked up the phone. "No wonder she's not answering." He turns on the phone and the first thing that pops on the screen is a blurry picture of what seemed like a skeleton monster.

" He turns on the phone and the first thing that pops on the screen is a blurry picture of what seemed like a skeleton monster

"What is that?" I whisper, an uneasy feeling settling in my stomach.

Out of nowhere, a figure steps in front of us which causes us both to look up and my eyes widen at the sight of the same skeleton monster in the picture in front of us, letting out a low growl.

Uh oh.

Olivia's POV:

Derek finishes locking the last handcuff on Liam's wrist. "All good?" I asked. Liam jerked his arms upward and it kept it locked in place. "Perfect."

"I brought something to help you." Derek spoke as he pulled out triskelion. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." He hands the object to him and Liam glances down at it.

Stiles cleared his throat which causes me to look at him and Derek, noticing the warning glare he was giving Stiles. "Yes, it's powerful. Very powerful."

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

A few hours of just driving, it was nighttime which meant the moon was already out and the effects were already hitting Liam.