Eighteen

Olivia's POV:

"Of course she would pick this place." I mutter as the four of us cautiously looked around, our footsteps echoing at each step we took. "She could be anywhere."

A wave of my nerves stirred in my gut, afraid of the fact that Kate could be hiding in the shadows and waited for the opportunity to strike.

My eyes trail over to the broken down tables and knocked over chairs along with the plastic dropcloths that draped over several wooden beams.

A slight breeze caused the drapes to flow along with the wind which earned a slight shiver escape from Allison's lips. "Is it me or did it just get colder?"

 "Is it me or did it just get colder?"

"I could warm you up." I suggest but her eyes widen in shock. Oh god, that sounded so wrong. "That's not what I meant! I-I meant like I can form a small flame a-and—"

"I'll be fine." Allison interrupted before picking up her pace to walk closer to her dad who was a bit ahead of us.

"Wow." I look over to Scott and see he held a sympathetic expression. "That was..."

"Awkward. I know." I grumble and shove my hands in my pockets.

"I was going to say the word you usually say at times like those."

I raise a brow. "Which is?"

"Wanky."

I sarcastically smile and hold my finger out, revealing a small flame. "Keep laughing and I'll burn your eyebrows off."

"You shouldn't have come." A woman's voice echoed around the building which caused the four of us to stop. Argent cautiously looked around the building with his eyebrows furrowed while Allison slowly attached an arrow to her crossbow.

"Kate," Scott spoke up first as the four of us continued to walk. "I'm here for Violet. I need to talk to her."

"I knew you'd find me," A large silhouette, of who I presumed to be Kate, forms on the plastic dropcloth a couple of yards away which caused Argent to aim his gun towards her. "but I was hoping we could do this later." She begins to walk closer which caused her shadow to shrink but two of the Berserkers silhouettes emerged from the side and followed behind her. "I just...needed a little more time."