Thirty-two

Allison's POV:

I continued to chase after Kate through the several pathways that led us further and further inside the temple with my lungs practically on fire from the amount of time I spent non-stop running.

I press on the trigger once we turn a corner, the bullet barely grazing her abdomen which causes her to stumble what seemed like another large room.

She quickly stands to her feet with a pained expression as I aimed the gun towards her.

"You want to kill me, Allison?" She breathlessly asked. "Your aunt? The one that's been there for you ever since you were a little girl?"

"No." I panted before I cleared my throat. "But I don't want to save you anymore either. I don't know that you're worth saving."

"Just like your father when we were kids. Always trying to make me the bad guy." She scoffed. "Neither of you can see them clearly anymore, can you?"

I glare. "What are you talking about?"

"Scott's not your little hero. None of them are!" She exclaimed. "Not when they killed your mother. Not when they killed Olivia. You're lucky that I got her on time when she resurrected or else none of you would've realized she was alive."

I push down the painful memories before I boldly take a step closer to her. "My mother only learned about the malicious ways about the supernatural while my father finally saw from their perspective and strived to protect it. For Olivia...Olivia died saving our friends. She died saving me." I state harshly before shaking my head with disbelief. "Her act of courage is something you would never be able to do because you have nobody. You wouldn't die for anybody because you're a cold-hearted psychotic bitch and you deserved what Peter did to you."

"But no matter how much you convince yourself you're strong, you're always gonna be weak." The corners of her lips perk up. "You're not gonna kill me." She whispered as she started to slowly back away from me. "And you're not gonna catch me. Not you, not your father." She lets out a groan. "Not Peter. And not the Calaveras."

She grunts as she continued to sprint off and I couldn't help but let the tears escape from my eyes as I watched her sprint off.

I slowly sink to the floor and wrap my arms around my knees, bringing them close to my face as I finally released every bit of emotion I've pent up for the past few weeks.

Everything I've wanted to say to her, I was finally able to say it directly to her face.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I look up to see it was my father who wore a sympathetic expression. "I'm sorry," My voice cracked but he took the gun away from me. "I couldn't—I couldn't—"

"It's okay." He whispered as he kissed the top of my head. "We'll find her and stop her next time. I'm proud of you."

Olivia's POV:

The sun had risen as we all stood outside the Church and from what Parrish had explained, it was one hell of a fight.

Apparently, the Calaveras, Chris, and Parrish ended up driving here and aided Braeden with fighting off Kate and her Berserkers.

To add on to that, Derek wasn't dying at all from the stab wound by the Berserker. Instead, he evolved and can now transform into an actual wolf, and from how Allison explained it, it seemed like he had his abilities back.

Thankfully, Stilinski called Stiles back and had explained that he and my father had saved Mason, Lydia, and Phoebe from a Berserker that had held them hostage in the school basement.