Twenty-One

Olivia's POV:

"Y-You're leaving?" I ask, watching as Stiles handed his jacket to Malia who had been shivering from laying on the floor. "Where are you going?"

"Whatever is happening is worse for you guys." Stiles explained as he glanced over to Scott who was being comforted by Kira. "That means it's not just people getting sick, it's another assassin."

"I can come with you." I say and try to push myself up from the ground but instantly my arms give out. Luckily, Allison was quick enough to catch me and carefully has me lean against the pillar. "I just need—"

Stiles shook his head. "You can barely stand up, Olivia. I'll be back."

He starts to walk over to the door that Malia had opened earlier and I expected Allison to tag along, but she stayed put right beside me. "Aren't you going with him?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

She shook her head and we watch as the door shuts once he passed the threshold

She shook her head and we watch as the door shuts once he passed the threshold. "I'm sticking to my word." She locks eyes with me and reaches to cup my cheek, her eyes widening slightly before she pressed the back of her hand against my forehead. "Your temperature is getting higher."

"I know." I mutter, shifting around my spot uncomfortably since I practically sweated through my shirt. My eyes trail to her arms were similar to Sydney's reddish-purple veins, but it was obvious that it worsened. "It's getting worse."

She hid her arms with my jacket but I shakily hover my hand over her arm, moving the jacket to the side and place my hand on veins. "Olivia don't."

I inhale through my nose and focus on the energy to travel to her arm. The power doesn't last very long since it felt like I was losing my breath. I move my hand away and see the disease had slightly healed but it was evident I slowed down the spread.

"You're welcome." I mumble as I shut my eyes to try to get some sleep.

I expected her to make some sort of remark but she remained silent and instead interlocked her hand with mine, causing me to remember the warm fuzzy feeling I had gotten from when we were together.

It felt like old times.

"I'm sorry for keeping the vision a secret. It wasn't fair to you." I whisper, breaking the awkward silence. "Can we promise to tell each other something even if it hurts the other?"

"Of course." She brushed her thumb across the back of my hand.

"Is there anything to air out before the promise actually becomes official?" I joke. "Anything related to my memory?"

She's silent for a moment so I immediately assumed she already fell asleep.

The last thing I remembered before I drifted off was the sound of her voice.

"There's nothing."

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"Malia!"