Thirty-One

Phoebe's POV:

My eyes widen. "Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot," I whisper and dig inside my pocket, quickly pulling out my cylinder-shaped weapon. "I can use this against that thing." I hold it out for them to see.

"You really must have hit your head hard if you think that'll hurt the Berserker." Lydia muttered.

"No, just watch," I say and flick the mini lever to take off the safety lock. I press the button and swiftly let go as the cylinder instantly extended into a staff before I grab onto it again. "I bought this after the Violet and Garrett incident to protect myself."

"Okay, cool." Mason crossed his arms. "Now what about us?"

"Uh..." I awkwardly trail off until my eyes land on two baseball bats. "You guys can use those?"

"Seriously? A baseball bat?"

"Oh great." Lydia muttered before grabbing the metallic one.

"Against that guy, or thing, or whatever it is?" Mason exclaimed.

"Well do you have a better idea?" I retort. "I barely know how to use this thing!"

"My friends are in trouble. So is Liam, your best friend." Lydia stated before her eyes land on mine. "And Olivia's been protecting you ever since Garrett kidnapped you. They need me, I'm going for it."

She's the first to walk and I nervously walk behind, tightly gripping on my metal staff.

"And yes, with a baseball bat." She muttered under her breath.

Once we were halfway there, a battle-cry comes out of Mason's mouth as he ran passed us with a wooden bat in his hand.

Lydia and I quickly follow behind, but with each swing Mason took, the Berserker deflected it with his arm until he slammed the back of its hand, sending him flying back until he crashed against the wall where we started

I twirl the staff around my hand and swing it across its head while Lydia aimed for the waist. It doesn't last very long, however, because the next thing I knew, it swung its arm again, sending us to crash against the same wall where Mason laid.

"I thought you said it wanted to keep us here, not hurt us." Mason grunted.

The Berserker starts to make its way towards us which causes my eyes to widen. "I think it changed its mind!" Lydia panicked.

The Berserker grabs my staff on the ground, snapping it in half which causes me to gasp. "That cost me twenty dollars!"

"Phoebe!" Mason and Lydia scolded.

"Sorry."

"Excuse me," Another voice spoke up which causes all of us to turn at the voice, revealing to be the Sheriff in his uniform. "Catch!" He said as he tossed the square object and the Berserker immediately catches it.