Twenty-eight

Olivia's POV:

It was the next day and somehow I ended up sitting in the same row with Allison behind me and Lydia in front of me for our Economics class.

"Lydia? Lydia." I hear Malia try to whisper, seeing her try to catch Lydia's attention and I noticed the excitement-filled expression on her face. "Lydia."

Lydia finally looks away from her paper and sees Malia hold her graded test out in front of her. "What?"

"I passed

"I passed." Malia confidently said as she waved the paper around.

"C minus," Lydia commented and I could easily see she was trying to sound happy.

"Your notes are great when they're not written in code." She complimented and I stifle a laugh, knowing that Lydia was literally the only reason Malia was managing to hold her grade to an average.

"We're happy for you, Malia." Allison said with a grin while Kira nodded in agreement.

As if on cue, Coach Finstock slammed another test on Malia's desk, and with the frown on both of their faces, it was obvious that it wasn't good.

Malia glanced up to meet his expression. "Disappointed, Malia. Profoundly disappointed." He spoke which caused me to scoff.

"At least try to encourage her," I remark and he rose an eyebrow. "No need to be rude about it."

"I wouldn't talk too much, Ms. Flores. I could still lower your grade." He said and placed my graded test on my desk, showing that I got an eighty percent before moving on to the next desk.

"I'll send you my notes." I hear Lydia say to Malia as I hid my test under my binder.

"I'll study with you if anything," I assure with a small smile. "I still need to catch up on the work I missed."

Malia firmly nodded before glancing back to her work. I look over to Lydia and see she was staring directly at the board that was about three known figures which showed their inflated net worth from when they passed.

 I look over to Lydia and see she was staring directly at the board that was about three known figures which showed their inflated net worth from when they passed