Chapter 3

"Katherine love, are you okay?" Jane shouted up the stairs.

"Yes, Mother!"  Katherine finished putting on her eyeliner. After that, she picked up her book and sat on her bed.

Half an hour or so later, Catherine knocked and entered the young women's room.
"Your Mum just asked me to check on you, " She leant against the door frame.

Katherine flew her head back so she flopped entirely onto the bed.
"Ugh! She's getting on my nerves!" Katherine exclaimed through gritted teeth. "I'm an adult, I don't need to be smothered in cotton wool twenty-four-seven!"

"Yeah, an adult who broke her leg falling out a tree... Your mum's just protective, that's all."

"Well can't you talk to her? She's most likely to listen if it comes from you!" Katherine sat up straight again.

"You think I haven't? Protective Jane is driving me absolutely mental!" Catherine went to sit with the younger woman."Whenever she goes off on one about safety or something you can just retreat to your room, what can I do?"

"Go to yours?" Katherine said confused.

"We share a room..."

"Fair point Seymour, "

"Oh, speak of the devil, " Jane ran up the stairs.

"Hi Mum, and before you ask, I'm fine, "
"Glad to hear it, by the way, Anna has invited some friends of the woman you met at the park over. Names might be Aimie, Natalie and Maiya?"

"Okay, cool, "

"Sounds fine to me, " Catherine turn to face Jane. "Umm can I talk to you love?" 

The pair left the room and walked down to their bedroom.
"What's wrong Cath?"

"Jane love, you're driving both me and Katherine insane, you need to stop being so protective of her, let her spread her wings." Catherine placed a hand on Jane's shoulder.

"I just want to know if she's okay, " Jane's face fell.

"She's your daughter, obviously you want her to be okay, " She pulled Jane into a warm embrace. "Why don't you only ask if she's okay when you can see she isn't herself, or maybe just not every 30 minutes?"

"Okay Catherine, for Kat, "