Chapter 22

"Only 4 hours to go!" Mary exclaimed as she buckled her seatbelt in. Catherine and Jane had bought a 7 seater the week before their trip so both Catherines were in the front - with Catherine Seymour driving- Jane in the middle with each twin either side of her and Mary and Edward in the back. 

"Well that was a nice holiday!" Katherine spoke.

"Yeah, it was," Mary reminisced.

"It was very, eventful," Jane added and watched Katherine attempt to fix her hair."You alright Kat?"

"My hair is actually stressing me out!" Kat threw the hair brush on the floor.

"Calm down love, listen, when we get to the service station in like half an hour, I'll redo your hair for you,"

"Thanks Mum," Katherine turned to face Jane, who responded with a warm smile.

"Mum?" Mary began"Why does Katherine get to be in the front!?!"

"Seriously Mary, you're grown women!" Catherine replied, slightly annoyed.

"Cos I'm older and more responsible!" Katherine contended.

"Katherine, drop it," Jane said firmlyO and Katherine sighed, slouching back in her chair. "If you continue this, Edward can go in the front at the service station,"

"Oh, fight Mary! I want to go in the front!"

"Can we please, get on for a couple of hours!" Catherine shouted, evidently fed up.

"I'm going to sleep!" Edward exclaimed.

"Okay sweetheart," Jane turned to face the dark-eyed boy.

"Jane?" Mary asked inquisitively,"Can I dye my hair? Like Kitty's?"

"You'll have to ask your Mum, sorry love,"

"Humm, what?" Cath pricked her ears up.

"Mary wants to dye her hair," Jane admitted as Mary face-palmed, knowing full well her mum was not going to say yes.

"Um, can we discuss it when I'm not driving?" Catherine answered.

"Okay, I like the colour purple..." Catherine rolled her eyes, she couldn't stop her, but she would advise her not to go purple.

When the seven of them pulled at the service station, Catherine put both girls in the pushchair and walked next to Jane.

"What does everyone want for lunch then?" Jane asked.

"McDonalds!" Edward exclaimed.

"Yes! I want a cheese burger!" Mary added.

"Please can I have a chicken burger Mum?" Katherine turned to face Jane.

"Of course darling," She responded, pulling the young woman into a hug.

"Mary, why can you be more like your sister?" Catherine joked, Mary replied you this with a face that screamed attitude. "Only joking, but please use manners next time,"

While they were in McDonalds, Catherine had gone to order with Kat and Jane sat with the rest of the children.