Chapter 26

"Yeah, something like that sweetheart, " Catherine giggled as Jane entered the room.

"Come on girls, if you want tea then you'll have to sit at the table" Jane spoke with her hands rested on her hips.

"Wash your hands please, " Catherine reminded as the girls ran off to the dining room and they shot in the other direction.

Catherine got up off the sofa and walked towards Jane, placing her arms around Jane's waist. Jane responded by throwing her's around Catherine's neck, their eyes meeting.

"Mum! I'm hungry too!" Edward exclaimed. Jane broke the eye contact with her wife and turned to face her son. Edward hesitated for a moment, before realizing what the silence was supposed to tell him. "Please can I have something to eat as well?"

"Go on, go wash your hands then sit at the table, I'll be ten minutes, " Jane answered maternally.

"Okay," Edward placed the controller on the coffee table and left the room.

"Oh! Who am I going to play against now?" Millie exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

"We'll play, come on Aims, " Natalie answered passing an additional controller to Aimie while Catherine pulled Jane closer to her and shared a kiss.

"Jane b-" Catherine began but was interrupted by the youngest girls running towards them.

"Mama! Mother! Edward came in while we were in the toilet!" Maria exclaimed, wiping her blond hair out of her face. Maria was pretty much identical to Jane and was probably had a closer relationship with Jane, while Rachel was more similar to Catherine and was definitely more of a mama's girl.

"Is sharing with your brother such a difficult thing girls?" Jane giggled, breaking away from Cath and bending down to the girls' level.

"But we were washing our hands!" Rachel added, obviously flustered by the situation which made Jane and Catherine giggle.

"Oh!" Catherine gasped sarcastically and rose her hand to her mouth, "Washing your hands is such a secret thing that you can never let anyone see!"

"Go on girls, up the table, we'll be there in a minute" Jane giggled again before standing back up.

"Right, I am going to go and make Edward a sandwich, " Jane said, entering the kitchen.

"Okay Janey, I'll go and sit with the kids, "