Chapter 15

"Everyone's said they've managed to move in" Vicki read off her phone, " You guys want to go home now?". She put her phone down on the McDonald's table. They stopped there because both children were hungry for lunch, Vicki wanted only some chips and Jane didn't think she could keep any food down, so she just had a drink.

"I don't mind!" Jane exclaimed while sipping her drink. "Ed what about you?"

"I'm tired, Mummy. I want to go to bed!" Edward lent against his mother.

"I know sweetheart, I'm tired too, " Jane answered sweetly. "Vick, please can you ask Catherine if she's put Edward's bed together yet?" Jane asked, sitting Edward on her lap.

"Yeah, hang on a second, Edward, can you put a chip in my mouth please!" Vicki opened her mouth and Edward took a chip and put it her mouth while laughing.

"Vicki and Edward that was disgusting. I hope you won't teach any of your sisters that type of behaviour, "

"Mum would have a field trip if I told her about that!" Elizabeth piped in.

"Yeah please don't tell your mum about that, " Jane added "Her and Cathy would destroy meal times."

"We'll see about that, " Vicki responded as her phone rung. She peered down at it and picked it up and put it on loud speaker without hesitation.

"Hey Grace Mouat!" she screamed.

"Hi Vickiiiiiii, "

"Hi Auntie Grace!" Edward exclaimed.

"Hi Auntie Grace, " Lizzie added

"Hey guys!" she laughed.

"Hello Grace, " Jane giggled.

"Hi Jane!"

"What did you ring for?" Vicki asked.

"Just to say that everything is completely ready - except from things like books etcetera - but all furniture is built and most decorations are out!" Grace exclaimed.

"You lot are legends!" Vicki responded. "Right, we're coming home now, and I'm taking you off loud speaker now, "

"Okay Vick, oh don't tell Jane because it's a surprise, but we've done up one of the remaining bedrooms into a room for the twins!"

"Oh nice!" Vicki replied, opening the car door, conscious that Jane could hear what she was saying.

"Anyway, I'll see you later, bye!"

"Okay Bye Bye Mouat!"