Chapter 27

"There you go Eddie," Jane smiled as she put the plate in front of her son.

"Thanks Mum, " As Edward spoke, Jane went and sat down next to Catherine.

"Maria, ca-" Catherine was interrupted by a shout from the lounge.

"Jane! Catherine! We're going now!"

"Woah woah woah, who's going where?" Jane asked sternly.

"Mother! You're my mother, not Annie's!" Rachel got down from the table and sat on Jane's lap.

"Yeah, But Annie and Millie can cause lots of trouble, so I need to keep them safe."

"But mother! You love me more, right?" Rachel whined.

"I love you and your sisters and your brother all the same," Jane giggled, rocking the young girl.

"We are going...." Anne exchanged a look with Millie, "Out..."

"Out where?"

"Out SIDE"

"Outside where?"

"Outside the house,"

"Oh, I give up, go on, just be back before seven this evening, " Jane had to clarify 'this evening' after last time.

"Mama?" Rachel looked across at Catherine.

"Yeah, hun?"

"Can we have families snuggles? With a film?" She asked hopefully, which hyped Maria up.

"Yeah!!" Maria laughed, exusing herself from the table.

"Um, Maria Seymour, get back here please," Cath said sternly. "What do you need to say?"

"Please can I get down, Mama?" She asked innocently, brushing her hair from her eyes.

"Yeah, Go on bubs," She laughed, "And we'll have snuggles later!"