Chapter 16

Vicki swung the large oak door open to find a neatly decorated hallway with many different routes leading off of it. Catherine ran down the snaking staircase and grabbed her wife's wrist.

"Catherine! You scared me!" Jane jumped.

"Sorry babe, but, I finished our room! Want to see?" She dragged the blond woman to their bedroom. They were the only two to have a room on the ground floor, Anne and Cathy, Aimie, Lexi, Elizabeth, Mary, Millie, Courtney and the twins would be on the second floor and Anna and Katherine, Natalie, Jaye'j, Maiya, Edward, Vicki, and Grace would be on the third.

"Woah Cath, you did all this?" Jane smiled in awe.

"I did do all this, but I did it for us, " Catherine squealed as Jane went to sit on the bed. "Jane, don't sit down! I want to show you something else we've been working on!" She regrabed Jane's arm, and pulled her upstairs. She dragged her along to the room they'd decorated for the twins. Jane was reduced to tears at the sight of what the others had done for them all.

"Oh my goodness, I-I don't know what to say! Thank you Cath!" She lent against her wife, and pulled her in for a kiss. "Thank you sweetheart, thank you,"

"I was also thinking we could paint their names on the wall - the same idea as stickers, but no-one could peel them off."

"Perfect."