iii.

Noen's POV

Addy and I are sitting at the top of the bleachers now just so we don't get hit with a ball. Chase's first two plays were horrible. "Come Hudson, get you shit together. Last try, better do something with it." I hear coach say. Come on Chase you got this. I find myself cheering him on in my head, and it took me by surprise.

"Let's go Huddy!" Addy shouts, I forgot about that name his mom called him. I giggle at the thought of me ever calling it to him. I watch as Chase pause for a minute. " Ready, Set, hike." My focus keep on Chase as he runs the field, I see Anthony toss him the ball and he dodges two other guys. Bryce tackles the guy coming up behind him and He makes the touchdown.

"YES!" I yell as I stand up. I caught my self before Addy saw. We walk back down to the first bleacher to listen what coach was saying. " Nice run Hudson....." she pause. " I think i just found myself a new RUNNING BACK!" she announces. I watch as Addy jumps up and down and the boys bro hug. We leave the bleachers and I walk up to them, " Congrats." I tell chase squinting my eye as the sun hits it. " Thanks." He says with a cheeky grin.

The boys head to the locker room while me and Addy go to the parking lot. " I saw you cheer for him when he made that touchdown." Addy says as we lean against my car. " So, I'm a cheerleader. It's a natural instinct." I tell her knowing damn well I was lying. "Noen, it's ok to make new friends. You don't have to stay closed off all the time."

I let Addy's words sink in. The boys come out the locker room back in their clothes, " I hope you took a shower, no smelly boys in my baby." I say tapping my car. I watch as Addy runs to Chase and kisses his cheek. " Can you not tell by his hair?" Addy ask. " It could just be sweaty Addy." I tell her, I swear I can she her body physically cringe at the thought, she was so stupid sometimes.

" Anyways, what'd your number chase?" I ask him looking down at the jersey in his hand. " 24" he says holding it up. I give a soft grin. " Okayy, I think we should celebrate, Chocolate Chair?" Bryce suggest and we all agree. Chase gets in the car with me while, Bryce and Anthony get in the car with Addy.

As I drive I give the aux to chase. " Why are all these song so depressing, Jesus?" I ask rhetorically. He pause the song an just looks at me. " Do you not like me?" He asked. " Chase, just because I'm gay doe-." He cuts me off. " I meant as a friend Noen. Dang." he concludes. " Oh, um. I don't not, not like you. It's just hard for me to make friends. Every body wants you to open up right away and tell your life story, I'm not Addy, I can't do that. I like to stay to myself." I answer him. " Look, I'm a go with the flow guy. If it takes you awhile to get used to me that's no problem. You don't have to be rude about though." He says back and I sarcastically gasp. " Me. Rude. Never, didn't I congratulate you earlier." I tell him. " Yea whatever."

We all pull up to Chocolate chair and before we head inside I text my mom that I'll would be home later. Once we order we sit at a big table and wait, "So you think you guys will be ready for the game come Friday, being that y'all have a new player and all?" I ask Bryce and Anthony. " I mean why wouldn't we. Chase is already pretty advanced he can learn the plays by Thursday." Bryce said " Yea, maybe we will finally beat the Clovers." Anthony finished.

"I guess... I just thought adding a new player mid season would kinda shake things up." I say glancing down at my phone. " I mean even if we do we got a-." Chase was cut off by the waitress, "order 247" she calls out and I raise my hand. I we all ordered milkshakes but Chase, he had a big ass banana split.