vi.

Noen's POV

I sit in the car with my mom, on our way to the last place I wanna be. But all I can think about is the nerve Chase had. First, coming in my room uninvited. Then, thinks he can validate why he was a dick. AND with the the biggest hickey I've ever seen in my life.

Anyways we are on the way to have lunch with Addy and her mom who I call Āyí. Its just the mandarin term for unrelated aunt. Her real name is Kim Hanlon. I don't really wanna see Addy at the moment but I haven't saw her mom in a while. She was the cutest little Asian, American woman you would ever meet. She was born in New York but her parents are Chinese immigrants. She loved me already but even more when she found out I was gay. Literally anything I got that is rainbow, is from her. It's kinda tacky but I love her for it.

As we pull up to the cafe I see Addy and her mom sitting at a table outside. We get out and as my mom goand let the hostess know we were here, I go and hug Aunt Kim. " Hi Noewy, she says standing up and hugging me." She's literally that only one allowed to call me that. Once my mom join us, she hands me a menu. I don't have the energy to eat but, she will fuss if I don't eat something. I decided to get the club sandwich with a side of fries and a Diet Coke.

"So Āyí what's the theme for this years Christmas party?" I ask her. " Oh, yes. Well Addaline came up with the idea of..... ALL WHITE!" She said excited. "That sounds great." My mom said. "Yea, that sounds fun." I said. I take a bite of my food and I can feel Addy looking at me. " Noen, you ok? Your barely eating?" Addy asked me. " I'm fine. Just not hungry. I'm gonna to the restroom." I say with an attitude then getting up. Before I walk away I see Addy stand up.

As I walk to the bathroom I feel her flowing me. "You following me to the bathroom now?" Ask her without turning around. " Just talk to me Noen. I know you, your holding all of this in and not just letting your emotions out. This is why your so closed off." She says to me. I stop right in my tracks and turn around. " Addy, I'm fine. But the last thing I need from you of all people, is judgment." I tell her before going into the restroom.

Addy wasn't wrong, but she wasn't 100% right either. 3 months Before I was born, my dad had left my mom. My mom wasn't the type to hold grudges and apparently I was, cause the first time my dad seen me A year later at my first birthday, I cried. They got back together that year and one later they had Bleu, he actually stayed this time. They finally got married after she was born so luckily we have our moms last name because a short 5 years later he left again. The divorce was easy, she got half of everything and sole custody of us.

Then, after not seeing him for 9 years, my mom got a call that he died from a heart attack. He left us some money but for college only. So yea, all my anger and grudge holding was because of him, having that missing piece kinda fucked me up.

I rejoin the ladies at the table and take one last bite of my sandwich, "I'm gonna get this to go." Soon as I say that my mom waved the waiter over to us. " Can we get a to go box please?" She asked and he walked off to get it. We all talk a little more while we waited for the waiter to come back, " So Kim, I invited the family that moved in next door to the Christmas party." I hear come from my mom and my head shoots up. " Ooh, yay more people. Are they enjoying the house by the way?" She asked. " They are and she has it so pretty." My mom replies. The waiter brings the box and then leaves, they go back to talking. I put my food in the box and just listen in on the conversation.

I've been trying a find a way to get my mom to leave for at least 40 mins when, she gets called into work. I'm so happy cause I'm tired of Addy just staring me like I have something on my face, but I know she was trying to study my emotions. We get in the car and my drops me at the house.