Interview

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I bite my lip, sweating nervously while I drive to my destination. You can do this Y/n!! Just stay calm and talk normally. You got this!... I park next to the driveway, and sit in the car for a minute to collect myself. I was found accidentally by a very successful man. He was looking for a maid, I was looking for a job. He seemed nice, but a bit shy at first. Alright... let's do this. Do it for your mother. Do it for her health! I shake off my nerves and slowly walk out if the car and onto the sidewalk. I wore a nice outfit, since I wanted to look presentable. This was the best I could do...

I walked in front of the mansion, examining the beautiful creation in front of me

Even though it was gigantic and sophisticated, it still felt

Even though it was gigantic and sophisticated, it still felt...homey, you know? I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I waited a bit, and thought he probably didn't hear me. I knocked again. I looked down at my watch. I was on time. My phone says it's the right day. It was on the calendar and everything. Did he forget? Was this a prank? I was starting to panic. I bit my lip, and thought about all the bad things that could possibly happen. I lost hope, but I still waited. I jumped when I heard a voice.
Jungkook: "Congratulations on completing your first task. I like you already." I turn to face the tall, handsome man smiling kindly. He took out his hand. I looked down, took his hand, and shook it. I smiled.
Y/n: "T-thank you. If I may ask, what did I do?" The man smiled.
Jungkook: "You showed up, and stayed. You waited for me. It shows you're patient, determined, and you don't give up. Just what I need." He takes back his hand, and walks past me. He opened the door and walks inside. He holds the door open for me.
Y/n: "Thank you." I say and walk inside. I felt his stare from behind, but I ignored it. I kept admiring the interior of the lovely home. I heard him close the door. He walks past me and heads to a room, then stood to turn to me.
Jungkook: "The interview will take place in here." He smiles and walks away. I follow behind him. It was a dining room! It was very big as well.... The table was big, and long. He walked over to a chair and pulled it out. He indicated for me to sit down. I sat down and he pushed in my chair, the sat across from me. He seems...really sweet. He's such a gentleman! I hope this isn't because of the interview. He sits up straight, so I do the same. He notices and smiles. I feel a bit calmer now.
Jungkook: "Ms. Kim, I'm going to be asking you a series of questions. I need you to answer truthfully, and inform me if any questions are to personal and/or uncomfortable to talk about." I nod. I felt easy about this! The atmosphere softened. I think I might do ok! He leans in on his forearms. He stares into my eyes, making me gulp.
Jungkook: "Why did you agree to my offer?" My lips parted a bit.
Y/n: "Because it's a job I know I have the ability for." He smirks.
Jungkook: "You accepted an offer from a famous man in the middle of a grocery store. Is that something you normally do?" I giggled. He smiles at my reaction.
Y/n: "No sir. You seem like someone I can trust. You approached me kindly, and your smile eased the atmosphere. And since I'm not in a great situation in my life at the moment, I'm trying my best to get a job as quick as I can." I say with a little spirit. I bite my lip. What if I said too much? Oh gosh.... It sonly the first question!! How many will there be?... He sits up straight again. He never took his eyes off of me.
Jungkook: "You're very trusting I see." I nod with a small hum.
Jungkook: "I appreciate your compliment Ms. Kim." He smiles. I smile back. He looks down at a sheet of paper in front of him, then looks back at me.
Jungkook: "Now, your resume states that you're a fast learner, and you take any and all advice given to you." I nod.
Y/n: "Yes sir." Jungkook bites his lip.
Jungkook: "You don't have to keep calling me Sir. According to your resume, we're only a year apart." How did he read that far so fast??
Y/n: "Maybe so. But if this goes well, then I should still be polite to my boss. Future or present." I said kindly. He smiles and licks his lips. I tried to control my breathing. My heart raced a little. Gosh, he's going to kill me before he even says if I get the job or not! He stares at me.
Jungkook: "Ms. Kim... Why do you want this job? Out of all other options?"
Y/n: "Well, I do have great intelligence. I passed every exam taken during school, and I was the top in the female classes. I haven't take any training for anything, and I fear I don't have enough time to go to a training school AND find a good job before it's too late." I bit my lip. He looked at me with an emotion saying something like "this girl is impressive" type thing.
Jungkook: "Well, I like your intentions. Your mind, and heart, is in the right place. You seem like the perfect fit!" He smiled. My lips parted. Does this mean what I think it means?!
Y/n: "I'm applying for a maid. You make it sound like I just found the cure for all diseases." I giggled. He smiled bigger, biting his lip. He stood up and walked to me, holding out his hand.
Jungkook: "I look forward to our future business ship. Congratulations Ms. Kim." He smiles. I stared with an overjoyed expression on my face.
Y/n: "Wait, you're not kidding, are you?" He shook his head. I jumped up and squeeled like a cute child.
Y/n: "Yay!! I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! Thank you Thank you Thank you so much Mr. Jeon!!!" I jumped around and came back to him, biting my lip. He looked at me in silence, but he was smiling widely. He was trying to hold in his laugh. I cleared my throat, straightened up my clothes, and shook his hand.
Y/n: "I mean.. thank you for your time Sir. I look forward to working with you." I said, trying to seem professional. He bit his lip, trying to control his smile.
Jungkook: "You know, you're something else, you know that?" I blushed, and took my hand away.
Y/n: "I'm nothing different. You just haven't experienced me yet." He smiled. My words even made myself blush, gosh.. he rolled his eyes playfully and stared down at me. Then he came back to reality.
Jungkook: "Here. Let me walk you outside."
Y/n: "Oh! You don't have to!" I politely declined. I was embarrassed by my vehicle compared to his multiple ones. He chuckled and walked towards the door. Welp, nevermind then. I follow him outside, and walk towards my car with him following behind me.
Y/n: "Well, that's my ride." I joked. We stopped walking, with him standing in front of me. We faced parallel to the car a couple feet away from us.
Jungkook: "Oh! When are you free for your first day?"
Y/n: "Whenever you are." I smiled. He smiled back.
Jungkook: "Alright, so..... I'll see you the day after tomorrow?" I nodded. He bit his lip and looked at me in excitement.
Y/n: "I'll see you soon Mr. Jeon! Have a great day, and thank you for having me." I said kindly. He smiled.
Jungkook: "See you." He says, waving goodbye. I wave cutely and hop into my car. I look out the window and see him, still waiting while I leave. I wave again with a returned wave back, then drive off in joy. I knew I could do it! Time to get out of these uncomfortable clothes and relax! I should visit my mother before first.

| Hospital |

I walk into the quiet room holding my ill mother after intensly washing my hands. My mother heard me and looked in my direction. She seemed the same as before. It's better than getting worse though! I smile with a small wave. I sit in a chair next to her bed.
Mother: "Hello dear. How was the interview? That was today, right?" I giggled.
Y/n: "Yes. It went well. I did it! I got the job!" I exclaimed quietly. My mother smiled.
Mother: "That's great! I knew you could do it!" I smiled.
Y/n: "I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for supporting me. I know being a maid isn't much, but my boss pays well! And he seems really sweet." I said.
Mother: "Don't worry. As long as you're happy. You do know I appreciate your hard work right? I didn't ask you to help me."
Y/n: "you don't need to. I'm your daughter. You spent most of your life taking care of me. This time I get to return the favor." I smiled warmly. She smiles back and inhales slowly. Suddenly, a doctor walks in.
Doctor: "You're Ms. Kim's daughter, correct?" I nodded. He walked over to us.
Doctor: "We have some news we'd like to inform the both of you about." After a couple years of no responses in the hospital, me and my mother were desperate to hear anything at this point. I looked at my mother's who nodded her head. I face the doctor.
Y/n: "Yes please."