Waiter

Everyday for the past two days my friends have visited me. I was excited to get discharged soon!

Jungkook: "How are you feeling?" He asks. I was sitting up while he sat in front of me.
Y/n: "I'm feeling fine. What about you?" He smiled.
Jungkook: "I'm fine. Did the doctor say when you get discharged?" I nodded.
Y/n: "He said either tomorrow or the day after, depending on how my wounds are doing. Just to be careful." He nodded.
Jungkook: "Hey.. I um. I wanted to say something. But don't take it personally! I have my reasons."
Y/n: "Oh...alright... what's wrong?" He licked his lips.
Jungkook: "I'm firing you."
Y/n: "What? Why!?"
Jungkook: "You're injured! And I don't want my girlfriend working for me. I can still pay you though, but only in kisses. Hugs work too." I giggled and rolled my eyes.
Y/n: "Fine. Good thing I have my other jobs." He laughed a little. Then I thought about my other jobs. The kids!!! Oh no!
Jungkook: "What's wrong?"
Y/n: "The kids! The hospital. And the orphanage. And the organization! I haven't helped in over a week! Gosh I'm so selfish." I covered my face to hide my embarrassment. Jungkook gently grabbed my wrists and pulled them away.
Jungkook: "Hey. That's not true. You're healing." I looked away with a small nod. He looks at my arms, and I notice his eyes becoming glossy. That's when I noticed everything. When he first visited me, from what I remember, he was frail and tired looking. His eyes were pink too. Almost like Rose. But now he seems a little better. I looked down at my arms too. They weren't going to go way. The stitches will, but not the cuts. They'll scar. I ruined myself.... I really thought it was the end.
Jungkook: "Does it hurt?" I looked back up at him.
Y/n: "Not anymore."
He started tearing up. I placed my hand on his cheek. He looked at me and tried to smile.
Jungkook: "The doctor said if you cut just a centimeter deeper I could've lost you forever..... You shouldn't keep putting yourself in danger just so people can be happy." He hugged me and started crying a little. I hugged back. He refused to let me go.
Jungkook: "Call me clingy, but I love you so much......" I wanted to cry but I held it in.
Jungkook: "If you died....I-I'd never love anyone ever again...." what he said broke my heart. I don't want to prevent him to be happy.. if I did die, I'd want him to be happy and hopefully move on soon. I love him more than anything...but I just want him to be happy. I pulled him away and looked up at him.
Y/n: "I love you Kook. But you shouldn't stay away from your happiness. Even if I'm gone."
Jungkook: "But what if you're my happiness?" I teared up and hugged him. He hugged me back and took a deep breath. I pulled him away and smiled.
Y/n: "Kook?" He hummed.
Y/n: "So you remember our first date?" He smiled.
Y/n: "You were sorry for having the date ruined because Lisa and Soobin were being jerks." He chuckled a little.
Jungkook: "Well Thank you. For reminding me of such a strange time." He said sarcastically. I giggled.
Y/n: "It was also the day we first kissed." I looked down. He licked his lips and smiled.
Y/n: "What I'm saying is, when you confessed my entire world flipped upside down. But...apparently...it was flipped up right. My entire life has been upside down, but you came and helped me see it clearly. The right way." He stared at me, a little confused. I smiled.
Y/n: "I'm thanking you. For making me happy. For making me laugh. For helping me feel What love is really like. I may not have a family. At least, not blood related... but I have you. I have our friends. I have everything." He smiled and looked away. Since when did he get so shy? He suddenly smirked and looked up at me.
Jungkook: "I remember the day I interviewed you. You were so confused at first. I struggled to hold in my laughter the entire time." I giggled a little. He didn't seem like he needed to laugh back then.
Jungkook: "You were bright and determined to do a great job. You were so excited and childish when I gave you the job too." I punched his arm while he laughed.
Y/n: "I was excited! Gosh."
Jungkook: "I know you were. But not as excited as I was." I stared at his profile. What did that mean?
Jungkook: "Like I said. The main reason I came up to you at the store was because I thought you were cute, and very thoughtful. I was so scared to ask you out I just offered a random job. And it worked! For some reason." He chuckled. I bit my lip and laughed a little.
Y/n: "I was desperate for a job. Well, a new one anyway. I never understood why you saw me that way though." He smiled.
Jungkook: "Of course I do. It's the inside that counts. A relationship wouldn't last if you're in it just for the looks. Knowing that person and falling for them for who they are keeps it going." I agreed. He wasn't wrong. If anything, I think Soobin should know that more than me.
Y/n: "I can feel butterflies in my tummy. I just don't know if that's from you or the medication I took earlier." I giggled. He laughed with me. Suddenly the door opened. The nurse came inside.
Nurse: "Excuse me. Are you her husband?" I blushed. So did Jungkook.
Jungkook: "U-um..n-no ma'am. I'm her b-boyfriend." She smiled.
Nurse: "Smooth." She said sarcastically.
Nurse: "Can I speak with you for a second?" He nodded and kissed my cheek, then walked out of the room with the nurse. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes.