Date Pt. 1

Jungkook: "Mother?" The woman smiled and pushed me aside.
Mother: "Kookie!" She smiled, hugging her embarrassed son. I closed the door and stayed there. The woman looked at me and smiled. I stayed still. If the prey doesn't move the predator can't see them, right?
Mother: "I'm sorry if I pushed you." I was shocked by her apology and smiled a little.
Y/n: "It's alright. Thank you." She nodded.
Mother: "You never mentioned your polite girlfriend. I'm disappointed." She said.
Jungkook: "Uh-"
Y/n: "I-i'm not.... we're not together.. I'm his maid..." I said. She laughed.
Mother: "My son? A maid? I didn't expect this!"
Y/n: "No! I'm just his maid. Just a maid....." I said slowly. It hurt saying that out loud. She noticed. It's like she can read me like a book. But after meeting Jungkook and the others, who doesn't?
Mother: "My son wouldn't give his clothes to you if you were just a maid. Right?" She looked at him.
Jungkook: "Um.. w-well....
Y/n: "We're friends! Good friends!..." Jungkook agreed. He agreed.... A part of me was happy we were friends! Not just boss and maid. But... What if I wanted to be more than friends?.. His mother was already suspicious.
Mother: "Fine. But just so you know, if you're lying to me, I still approve of her." I blushed. She doesn't even know me.... Jungkook was turning red, which was cute. I found a way to tease him without even doing it myself. She sat on the couch. Jungkook sat next to her.
Y/n: "Is there anything I can get you?" I asked. It's been a while since I asked that.
Mother: "You're so kind-"
Jungkook: "You don't have to. I can get it." He said, standing up.
Y/n: "No! It's my job!"
Jungkook: "But you're supposed to be cautious and heal."
Y/n: "It's just a couple bruises and cuts. I've been off of work for a while-"
Mother: "I don't want you serving us if you're hurt. If you have to rest then do so."
Y/n: "I appreciate it, but I'm fine. I'm used to it. I promise." I said, then went to the kitchen.
Mother: "I'll have sweet tea please!"
Y/n: "Got it!" I said, then started making it.

Jungkook's pov

I sat back down, worried she might hurt herself again. We didn't even eat our food. Haha.. she's a good distraction, I'll give her that.
Jungkook: "So... What are you doing here?"
Mother: "Can't a mother visit her successful son once in a while?" I chuckled.
Mother: "I wanted to see what you've been up to these days. It seems like you have your hands full, if you know what I mean."
Jungkook: "Eomma!" I exclaimed. She laughed.
Mother: "I'm teasing. It's nice knowing you aren't alone." I looked away.
Mother: "It's obvious Jungkook. Don't pretend you don't know it."
Jungkook: "Know what?" She looked at me with a smirk.
Mother: "You like her."
Jungkook: "What do you mean?"
Mother: "You know what I mean." I bit my lip.
Mother: "Told you."
Jungkook: "It's not like she feels the same way. If so, it's not that obvious to her." I spilled out. She just smiled.
Mother: "Who wouldn't like you the same way? You're successful, caring, smart, and very handsome."

Y/n's pov

I walked in, hearing Jungkook's mother compliment him. I giggled silently.
Mother: "Who wouldn't like you the same way? You're successful, caring, smart, and very handsome."
Y/n: "You're not wrong about that." I giggled, setting a tray of sweet tea, banana milk, and some snacks on the coffee table. I handed her the drink, then handed Jungkook his. His face lit up.
Jungkook: "You didn't happen to hear everything, did you?" I shook my head.
Y/n: "I didn't want to eavesdrop. Especially if it isn't my business." I stated. He took the drink, looked at it, then looked back at me. He looked extremely happy.
Jungkook: "How did you-"
Y/n: "I have my ways. I shop even when I'm not working you know." I giggle. He thanked me and drank it.
Mother: "That's his favorite drink. Did you know that?" I nodded happily. She smiled.
Mother: "He drank that type of milk so much as a child, I told him if he didn't stop he'd turn into a banana." She chuckled. I giggled.
Jungkook: "It worked for a couple years..." He chuckled.
Y/n: "That's cute. My mother never really told me things like that...." I said.
Mother: "Oh? Is she the type to give you the straight truth?"
Jungkook: "Eomma..."
Y/n: "Yeah... You could say that." I said, holding back my tears. She nodded.
Mother: "How are your parents, if I may ask?" I sniffed.
Jungkook: "Eomma, please..."
Mother: "I'm just asking."
Y/n: "It's ok.... Um.. my father left when I was about two or three. And my mother... Um..." I paused, trying not to cry. The woman noticed.
Mother: "I'm sorry.. you don't have to tell me. I can tell." I nodded.
Mother: "If there's anything you need.... I'm here for you. It might be nice talking to another woman sometimes." I chuckled.
Y/n: "Thank you. Jungkook has helped me a lot too. I can never thank him enough for everything he's done for me. I owe him my life at this point...." I looked down.
Jungkook: "I'm happy to help. You don't owe me anything."
Y/n: "Of course I do." He smiled and looked away. I was curious to see how the guys were doing, but I forgot about my damaged phone from the day of the accident.
Mother: "Well, thank you for the kind hospitality you two. I have other business to attend to now." She stands up and places her dishes on the tray, then heads over to me.
Mother: "I don't say this often at all. But you're a part of our family. I trust you. Always remember that." She smiled. I nodded and smiled back, then opened the door for her.
Y/n: "Mrs. Jeon?" She hums.
Y/n: "Thank you...." She smiles.
Mother: "No, thank you."
Y/n: "Why?" She walks outside and holds the door handle.
Mother: "For falling in love with my son." She whispered, then closed the door. How did she?... What?...why?.. Jungkook sat up and watched through the window as his mother walked out and drove off. I looked at him. Thank you for falling in love with my son. Those were her words. She doesn't actually know.....does she? Jungkook looked at me and smiled.
Y/n: "Um..hi." I said. He smiled and faced me.
Jungkook: "Hey." He walked closer. I looked at the tray, then back at him.
Y/n: "Should I clean that up?" He shook his head.
Jungkook: "I'll do it."
Y/n: "But it's my job." I said. He shrugged his shoulders. I giggled and grabbed the tray, then walked to the kitchen. Jungkook followed me.
Y/n: "So.. what were you going to ask me?" I asked, cleaning the dishes.
Jungkook: "um.. N-nothing." I knew he was lying. It's obvious, but why won't he tell me? I focused on washing the glass cup, but it chipped. I cut my hand as I slid it across the chipped area.
Y/n: "Ouch!..." I said.
Jungkook: "What happened?" He asked, worried. He came over and saw the cut. It wasn't too deep, but it stung. It went acrosd the middle of my palm from side to side. How could a small broken part of a cup hurt so much?? I quickly washed the cut with the running water. He grabbed a first aid kit and sat me down on a chair. He sat in front of me and gently held my wrist. I sat there in silence, feeling the stinging pain slowly go away as he helped treat the cut. He put some sort of ointment on it, then wrapped it gently with a bandage. I felt like a mummy. Partially. 😂 I stared at my hand, then looked up. He was looking at me.
Y/n: "What?" I asked.
Jungkook: "What?"
Y/n: "You're staring at me again." I giggled. He smiled and carefully let go of my hand. He cleaned up and closed the kit box, then stayed there. He seemed to be thinking a lot.
Jungkook: "Y/n?"
Y/n: "Yes?" I asked curiously. He looked at me and smiled.
Jungkook: "Remember the question I was meaning to ask you?" I nodded.
Jungkook: "You said you've never gone on a date. You said you've never had a boyfriend before. After meeting you, my life changed greatly. And for the better too. Even though we've known each other for five months now. It hasn't been too long, but I genuinely like you. I know this isn't some fancy way of saying it like you'd probably want it to... But I want to be your first. I want to be the first guy you date. The first guy you fall for. The first guy you kiss. I want to be yours. And I want you to be mine." He pauses for a reaction, but all I could do was try to get rid of the lump in my throat. My eyes were watering.
Jungkook: "I know you've been through a lot recently. You're entire life technically. And I understand if this is a lot to take in, or if you don't feel the same way... But I like you...so much.... Not as someone that works for me. Not as a friend. As someone I want to hold and keep for myself. As someone I want to hug, kiss, and protect." A couple years fell down my cheek as I processed his words. Was this really happening? Was he really confessing? This better not be a joke.... No one's ever spoken to me like this.... No one's ever felt this way towards me... So please... Please say you aren't joking... I sniffed and hugged him. He didn't move, then hugged me back. I let go and looked up at him. I wanted to say so much....but I couldn't seem to open my mouth. Finally, I managed to speak.
Y/n: "Please tell me this isn't a joke." He chuckled.
Jungkook: "Of course not." I smiled and nodded.
Y/n: "You may not be a poet, but your words mean a lot to me." He smiled, showing his teeth. I've never seen him smile so big before. It's cute.
Jungkook: "So.. is that a yes?" I giggled.
Y/n: "Yes. Of course." He smiled and bit his lip. He started moving his leg, kind of like what dogs do when you rub their tummys.
Jungkook: "You have no idea how happy I am right now." I smiled. It sucks not being able to bite my lip.... It's been a habit of mine ever since I can remember. The fact it's just the beginning of the afternoon shows how long this day will feel. I stood up from the chair and looked out the window. Now what? He stops and looks at me, licking his lips. I look back.
Jungkook: "I have one more thing to ask you."
Y/n: "Yes?" I asked him. He stands up and stays there, standing behind me.
Jungkook: "Promise me you won't look at other guys. I'd never break your heart. But I'm asking you not to break mine." He whispered in my ear. I turned around.
Y/n: "I promise." I hugged him. I couldn't see it, but I knew he was smiling. He hugged me back, then let go.
Jungkook: "Are you hungry?" I nodded. He smiled and grabbed my hand. (The non cut one) He walked us out of the house and led me to his car.
Y/n: "Where are we going??" I asked, a little scared. He chuckled.
Jungkook: "You'll see." He said, and drove off. I listened to the music playing while I tried to process everything. I got attacked by some insane person, found out my mother passed away, met my boss/friend's mother, cut my hands and now I'm on my way somewhere with my boss/friend/probably boyfriend now. So after 21 years of being alone......I met someone that likes me for who I am.....
He isn't staying in my life against his will. I never asked to meet him, but I'm glad I did. I never forced him to stay, but he's still here..... He's not someone to use my vulnerability as a bonus to ask me out. He isn't like that. Gosh... Would I even be a good girlfriend? Is everything going to be different now?
Jungkook: "Y/n? We're here now." He chuckled. I looked at him and smiled.
Jungkook: "Is something wrong?" I shook my head.
Y/n: "What?? No! Of course not!" I lied. Wow.. that's so believable. He looks away, biting his lip as he smiles, then looks back at me.
Jungkook: "You know you can talk to me, right?" I nodded, then looked out the window, then back at him.
Y/n: "I'm scared." I said slowly.
Jungkook: "Why? You shouldn't be." He said.
Y/n: "I know.. I just... I-i like you a lot. I'm scared I'll fail...."
Jungkook: "Fail? Fail what?"
Y/n: "I'll fail at everything. I'll fail at being a good girlfriend. Once I fail, you'll hate me. And when you hate me you'll shut me out from your life. Then I'll be alone again. The other guys will start hating me for failing you too. I'll have no friends, no family, no one..." I said in a shaky voice. I held my arms close to me.
Y/n: "I'll have no job, therefore failing to pay my bills and mortgage, which will lead to being evicted from my only home and living on the streets. My life will fall apart because I couldn't make you happy. You'll be disappointed and I'll be sad and depressed. And I don't want that to happen because I care about you so, so much... And... I-i can't let you go...." I said, tearing up.
Y/n: "I let go of my mother. But I won't let that happen with you too." I said, letting a tear fall.
Jungkook: "Hey hey hey.... It's alright... You're not going to fail me. That's impossible! If anything I'm scared I'll make you unhappy." A small, single laugh escapes my lips.
Jungkook: "I know. Sounds stupid, doesn't it?" I giggled. He smiled and wiped my tears, leaving his hand on my cheek.
Jungkook: "That's how I feel when you say that. I can't take it when you worry about what I think. What others think of you. It hurts me more than anything when you complain about not being good enough." He paused. I looked up at him, listening to his supporting words. He took back his hand and sat back. He licked his lips, then looked back at me.
Jungkook: "You drive me crazy Y/n. Girls like you are dangerous when it comes to giving you my heart. Not because I give you the right to break it. But because of what you do while having it." I smiled and looked down. He sighed.
Jungkook: "Do you know why I approached you five months ago?"
Y/n: "To hire me as your housekeeper?" He chuckled.
Jungkook: "Not originally." I looked at him, a bit confused.
Jungkook: "I thought you looked really pretty. I was going to ask you out, but I assumed you had a boyfriend or some strict father.. maybe even both." I giggled a little. He smiled.
Jungkook: "Ever since primary school I've been too shy to even look at a girl. Everyone thought my school years saw me as a f***boy.... So other guys spread rumors about me doing unspeakable things with other girls, even though I never claimed I did. School came and went and still no luck. But when I saw you.... Just a single stare and I already knew I had feelings for you." He bit his lip, blushing a little. I blushed listening to his words. Was he telling the truth? It sounds like it....
Jungkook: "Call me a creep, but I stared at you once I laid eyes on you. I watched as you helped the elder women reach for something even you were too short for." I giggled.
Jungkook: "I watched as you bought someone's kid a small candy, because was crying. Then after I walked up to you, I lost confidence and just asked to hire you instead. After you left I watched as you complained about purchasing the wrong thing, but instead of trading it you gave it to a homeless woman on the street. You donated a five dollar bill to the small donation station for the children's hospital, and the rest of your change to a guy that was probably high and pretending to live homeless and poor." I sniffed and felt astonished finding this out. How could he remember all of that? Did he really think that?
Y/n: "I didn't know that..." I said. He chuckled.
Jungkook: "I didn't think so." He smiled a bit. I nodded.
Y/n: "Thank you... I know I can be a handful...." I admitted. He blushed.
Jungkook: "Anytime. But uh... L-lets not talk about...h-handfuls.. for a while.. ok?" I giggled and nodded. He smiled and unlocked the car. I felt better after that. He knows how to make me feel comfortable and happy. I got really lucky, didn't I? I looked up at the sign of the building. Were we at a restaurant? Jungkook walked next to me.
Jungkook: "It's just a fast food place close by. Have you tried it?"
Y/n: "Nope." I said. He smiled and opened the door for me. I thanked him and opened the other set of doors.
Y/n: "Come on. It's my turn!" I giggled. It felt nice smiling...giggling.. I enjoy this feeling. Especially with Jungkook. It just...feels right. He chuckled and walked inside. I knew I won and walked behind him. We found a table and sat down. I sat across from him. It was a small booth area for the both of us. The sunlight beamed through the big windows, so it was warm in the building. The waiter gave us two menus and said he'd come back later. Jungkook was facing the entrance, while I was facing the back. While looking at the menu, I felt eyes on me. I looked upul to see Jungkook looking at me. He saw me look at him and quickly look back down at the menu. I giggled.
Jungkook: "What's so funny?"
Y/n: "You were staring at me."
Jungkook: "No I wasn't." He chuckled. I laughed at his lie. He laughed as well.
The waiter arrived.
Waiter: "What would you like?"
Jungkook: "You can order first." He smiled. I smiled back.
Y/n: "I'll just have water." He nodded.
Jungkook: "Really?" He asked. I nodded. He looked at the waiter.
Jungkook: "I'll get water too."
Waiter: "Alright. Anything else?"
Jungkook: "Yes please. I'll get..... Two small french fries."
Waiter: "Ok! Ketchup?"
Jungkook: "Yes. And that's all."
Waiter: "Alright. I'll be back shortly."
Jungkook & Y/n: "Thank you!" He smiled and walked away. Jungkook had his arms on the table, so I did the same. I rested my chin on my hand and looked out the window for a second. Oh no.... No no no no no.. it can't be... H-he moved! Didn't he?!
Jungkook: "Why do you look so troubled?" He looked where I was looking.
Jungkook: "Y/n.. what's wrong?" I looked at Jungkook with fear in my eyes. He seemed worried.
Y/n: "Soobin...." I whispered.
Jungkook: "Soobin?" I nodded slowly. I heard the doors open. A girl and guy were laughing. Jungkook looked up at the couple, then immediately tried hiding himself.
Jungkook: "Lisa."