Letter

I groaned as I slowly silenced my alarm.
Y/n: "What time is it?" I asked myself. It was 10:24 am!! I slept in!!?? I jumped out of bed, quickly changed, got ready, skipped breakfast, and drove to Jungkook's house. I'm late I'm late I'm late I'm late!! I parked and ran to the door, trying to catch my breath. I knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Jungkook was all dressed and ready to go. He stared at me like he was trying not to laugh, but also confused at the same time.
Y/n: "I'm so sorry I'm late!! I-i didn't mean to sleep in like this! Please forgive me!! I promise it won't happen again!" I begged. He smiled and moved for me to come inside.
Jungkook: "What are you talking about?"
Y/n: "It's 10-..er, 11:09! I'm late." I said slowly catching my breath. He chuckled.
Jungkook: "Late for what? The donating organization? Or the daycare?"
Y/n: "What? Neither. I'm late for you. I still work for you you know." I said, a little worried I might lose my job. He bit his lip. He seemed a little concerned.
Jungkook: "Today's your day off though. Didn't you remember? I called you yesterday." I bit my lip. He's right! Ugh!! He crossed his arms and sat down.
Jungkook: "You forgot, didn't you?" I nodded. He patted the seat next to him, so I sat there. He stared at me.
Jungkook: "Y/n?...." I looked up at him. He stared at me with worry in his eyes.
Jungkook: "Are you ok?" I nodded with a small smile.
Y/n: "Yeah.. why do you ask?"
Jungkook: "I'm just.." he paused.
Jungkook: "I'm worried about you. You work hard. Extremely hard. I'm worried about your health, in all forms. You work three jobs, skip a majority of the meals for weeks, sleep in too late, or barely sleep at all, and you're constantly trying to make everybody's lives better, but your own." He said concerningly. Did he really notice all of that? Even I didn't notice. I bit my lip.
Y/n: "I'm fine. You don't have to worry."
Jungkook: "But I don't want you to be fine! I want you to be happy!"
Y/n: "I am happy." I smiled. He didn't believe me.
Jungkook: "How?! You're constantly exhausted and you barely worry about yourself. You're risking your own health for the sake of other's happiness."
Y/n: "I'm happy because you're happy."
Jungkook: "I can't be happy if I somehow lose you!" He confessed. I stopped smiling.
Jungkook: "You aren't immortal Y/n. Lacking sleep and nutrients can effect you greatly. If something happened to you.... I don't know how I could live with myself. Especially if you aren't there." I stared at him with a relaxed face. I frowned at the thought of making him unhappy. He noticed and laid back with a sigh.
Jungkook: "I'm sorry...." I stared for a bit, then climbed into his lap. I faced him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He blushed a bit, but tried to hide it. I ignored my blushing wreck of a face and hugged him.
Jungkook: "What are you-.."
Y/n: "I'm sorry for worrying you." I apologized quietly. He smiled and hugged me back. After a while, I back away, still facing him. He smiles.
Jungkook: "You know.... I've always wanted to do that." I stayed quiet.
Jungkook: "Hugging you. Holding you. Kissing you." He bit his lip. God just end my suffering and kill me now, why don't you!!!?
Jungkook: "You have no idea how happy you make me Y/n. And knowing the fact that you're mine..." He bit his lip and pulled me closer.
Jungkook: "You torture me without knowing it. There's things I want to do...so badly...but I can't." He whispered. He smiled, kissed my cheek, then sighed a little. I blushed and tried looking away. I looked down, but my eyes landed somewhere...well..not PG rated. I quickly looked up and back at him to avoid....down there. He smiled. I noticed he just kept his arms around my waist. What do I do now? I can't just stay like this! Can I? The doorbell rang, so I climbed off Jungkook to open the door. A mailman held out a single envelope. I smiled, took it, and thanked him. He smiled and walked away. I shut the door and looked at it. It was for Jungkook, so I handed it to him. He thanked me and opened it. There was a sheet of paper folded neatly. He read a little, then sat down on the couch, and read the rest. He looked worried, which worried me. I sat next to him and waited in silence. I bit my lip as he facial expression changed to fear. He gulped, and his hands were shaking.
Y/n: "Kook?... Is everything alright?" He stayed silent. He looked at me, then back at the letter, then back at me. He cleared his throat, crumbled the paper, then smiled.
Jungkook: "Yeah. It's just a random ad again." He stood up and threw everything away. What is he hiding? He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I stood up and faced him. Maybe I should lighten the mood. I walk over to him and sit on the counter. He looks up at me and smiles. I smile back.
Y/n: "So.. how's work going?" I asked.
Jungkook: "Are you actually interested?"
Y/n: "You do realize I ask you almost everyday, right?" He smiled.
Jungkook: "Well, it's going pretty well. We just need the last finishing touches, then to test out the game. If it goes well we can release it soon." I bit my lip.
Y/n: "Well that's great! I'm really proud of you guys." He bites his lip.
Jungkook: "Thank you. I'm proud of you as well."
Y/n: "How? It's not like I work at a big company like you. Yeah, I work hard. But I'm not someone that people will remember. When we're in public, the only reason people know my existence is because they stop us to meet you." I said too much... I paused and looked away.
Y/n: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that.." he stared at me and walked in front of me. Suddenly, he smiled.
Jungkook: "If you're afraid of not being remembered.. I have a way of doing that." I smiled and messed with his hair.
Y/n: "I'm not afraid of being forgotten from society." I assured him. He bit his lip.
Jungkook: "Have you ever thought about doing something else for a change? You have multiple small jobs. Have you ever wanted to do something bigger?" I thought about it. He's right... I'm just afraid that I'll fail to succeed.
Y/n: "Even if I did, I'm happy with the life I have now." I smiled. He smiled back. Then a thought popped in my head.
Y/n: "If I may ask, what's in the note you have me?" He looked at me with surprise.
Jungkook: "Um.. well." He paused.
Jungkook: "It's hard to explain." I nodded.
Y/n: "When do you think I can open it?" He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist.
Jungkook: "After I marry you." I blushed and bit my lip. I wrapped my arms around his neck gently.
Y/n: "Than I guess I'm just gonna have to marry you then." He smiled, biting his lip. Was he joking? Was this just a flirty way of showing his affection? Or to hide what's inside? I hope not, because I'm not joking. Marrying him would be nice. Yeah, it's only been seven months, but at the moment I genuinely think we could get that far. He leaned in slowly, then stopped.
Jungkook: "I'm not kidding Y/n." He whispered and pecked my lips softly, then chuckled a little. Did I hear that right? He stepped back and stared at me. What was he doing? I slowly hopped off and walked sideways, still looking at him. He kept looking at me. I walked away, but he still stared at me. He stepped closer, so I kept stepping back.
Y/n: "What are you doing?" I giggled. He giggled and kept walking towards me. I turned and walked faster. He followed me. I bit my lip and ran a little. I giggled and screamed a little when he caught me from behind. He laughed once I was finally in his arms.
Y/n: "Don't scare me like that!" I laughed. He smiled and held me. He didn't let go, but he turned me around to face him. I bit my lip as he stared in my eyes.
Jungkook: "Thank you for lifting my spirits Y/n." I smiled.
Y/n: "Of course." He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back, then pulled away. He seemed stressed, so I decided to get him a couple things to make him feel better.
Y/n: "Do you mind if I run to the store for a second?"
Jungkook: "You're going to run?" I giggled and lightly punched him. He laughed.
Y/n: "You know what I mean!" I laughed.
Jungkook: "Sure. I'll wait for you." I kissed his cheek and walked off to gather my things. As he turned to sit on the couch and watch something I quickly took the paper he threw away and hid it in my purse.
Y/n: "I'll see you soon Jungkook." I smiled as I opened the door.
Jungkook: "Don't take too long though. I miss you."
Y/n: "But I haven't even left the house yet."
Jungkook: "Yeah, so?" I giggled.
Y/n: "Gosh, you're so clingy." He frowned.
Y/n: "And I love that about you." I winked then walked out and closed the door.