Episode 18

Zane entered the elevator, and clicked the button. He was heading towards the bottom floor, where Juliet had said to meet up.

He watched the elevator change from twelve to eleven when a group of men entered the elevator. One of them was a kid captivated with his phone.

The kid looked up from his phone, and saw Zane leaning in the corner.

"Who're you?" He asked. The men guarding the kid looked at Zane, and they gasped.

"I'm Azne." He replied simply. The kid snorted.

"What a weird name." The kid said.

I agree. Zane thought.

The men looked at the kid in shock, and the man which seemed to be his father scolded him.

"Don't ever say that again! That man could easily wipe us out." He said to the kid. He turned to Zane. "I'm sorry for my child's insolence. I'll have him punished." He said.

Zane enjoyed the terror his name inflicted. "It's fine." He stated simply. The guards relaxed, and the elevator door opened, and five more guests came in.

Every guest stared at their phones, and the majority had luggage on them. The men who had first came in had now moved to the corner of the room.

Zane watched the dials move down, and hit the first floor. The guests started leaving, and but Zane remained in the elevator alone.

He clicked the floor on the elevator, and it asked for his key card. Zane took out his card, and the elevator permitted him access.

Please hold on. The elevator immediately lurched to his left, and Zane grabbed the bar at the last second. The elevator then chimed, and the doors opened up.

"Oh! You're here!" Juliet said. Zane walked out, and saw Juliet and Kenya standing at the base. A large circular table sat in the center, and a light blue screen gazed on it. Zane saw Trystan, and what he assumed to be Gavin, standing next to them. Gavin, Zane realized, was the other person he had fought against.

"Lemme give you the briefing for the mission." Juliet said, bouncing up and down. Kenya raised her hand.

"Before you do so, I have some questions." Kenya said. She looked up and down at Zane.

"You don't need to disguise yourself Zane." She said. "There aren't any cameras here." Zane nodded and undisguised himself.

"Why are you here?" Trystan said aloud. Gavin and Kenya blinked, and looked at him.

Zane rolled his eyes. "It's my business. Not yours." He replied.

"But you're a ninja." He said.

Zane smirked. "Well some of us get tired of the peace keeping crap. I mean honestly, we keep saving people without any recognition. Just the duty of the ninja, they say. I say, why not have a change?" He said.

Trystan nodded, and the door opened. The five looked over to see Muskrat entering.

"Muskrat! You're here?!" Juliet said happily. She ran over to him, and Muskrat shot her with a pistol. Juliet back flipped away and frowned.

"That's mean." She said.

"Did you give him the mission yet? The guy's waiting you know." He said.

"Right!" Juliet turned to Zane. "So basically, we have to protect this guy, who'll be going from Ninjago city to the desert." She said.

"Sounds like a simple task." Zane replied.

"It does, but there's a high chance people will attack. And if you get rid of them all, then we get bonus points!" She squealed.