Chapter 45

Kai hit both his fists against the monitor in frustration. Once again, nothing had come up about the Yulta members.

"Any luck over there?" Kai asked Zane. Zane was busy away typing on his on the computer, and shook his head no.

"I've got nothing on both of them." He replied with small relief in his voice.

"Me neither. It seems as if their digital footprints have disappeared." P.I.X.A.L. stated, looking on her screen.

"You all are looking at this from the wrong angle." Garmadon commented, marching into the room. Kai looked at him with a guarded expression, and Garmadon ignored him.

"Have a better idea to find them?" Kai said harshly.

"Kai, calm down." Nya spoke.

"I can't sis! He literally almost killed us multiple times." Kai replied.

"But think of all the times he's saved us. Plus, we wouldn't even have a name to search up without him." Nya said. Kai grumbled.

"Fair point."

"I actually do have a better idea to find them." Garmadon replied, looking at Kai.

"How?" P.I.X.A.L. asked.

"Yulta normally targets criminal activity, or small organizations with inventions which could turn the world over. At least, that's what they did in my time." Garmadon said. "If you could find anything valuable owned by a weak group, then that might be your spot."

Zane felt a vibration in his pocket, and glanced down into his pocket. The Yulta card flashed a bright blue, and Zane closed his pocket and looked around. Nobody had noticed the flash.

"I'll be right back." Zane announced. The others were focused on Garmadon's speech, so Zane walked into the bathroom.

Objective: Watch out for potential threats. Kenya will join you

Time: 7:00. Destination: Borg Industries.

Zane checked the time. It was 6:30

Will you be able to participate? A side note added.

I can make it. Zane replied. Zane exited the restroom and peered back into the room. Everyone was busy away typing.

"Do you mind if I head out a bit. I might have a new lead?" Zane asked.

"Yeah sure. Garmadon just gave us one, but it'll take us a while to get onto it." Nya waved him off. Zane took this as an opportunity to leave, but walked back in.

"I might turn off my phone, so don't be surprised if you don't hear back from me." Zane added.

"Okay!" Cole said, eyes glued to his screen.

Zane began walking forwards when a hand caught him.

"What are you doing?" Zane asked, finding Garmadon in his face. Garmadon chuckled.

"Slinking off already?" Zane sighed.

"If I can keep doing this, the effects won't show. I have to do this." Zane argued.

"But aren't the effects already showing?" Garmadon bit back.

"What are you talking about?" Zane said. Garmadon pointed at his face.

"Your tone is off from what it used to be."

"No it's not." Zane scowled.

"I'm fine!" He roared. "I'm perfectly fine, and will you quit following me? Or else I swear I'll--I'll."

"You'll what?" Garmadon finished. Zane shut up and looked at his hands. He clenched them into a ball.

"I won't do anything to you." Zane stated. Garmadon smirked.

"Are you sure? Because your statement was leading into something only--"

"I said shut up about that name!" Zane cried out, worry blossoming in his chest. He turned and left Garmadon behind him, then moved into his room. He picked up the empty case, then headed to the garage.

What's happening to me? Zane questioned. One moment I feel fear, and the next I'm ready to tear Garmadon into pieces. Why is this happening?

Zane took the bike he had used, and opened the door. He revved the engines, and took off onto the streets.

Never mind. Perhaps if I become him again, the effects will stop as usual. Zane braced himself for the same activity once more, but paused.

What the? The emotion Zane felt almost caused him to fall off the bike.

Why do I feel... He pressed his face on the dashboard, which flickered blue and green.

Why do I feel like this is right? Zane shook himself.

Stop thinking such crazy thoughts. He said. He started reuniting himself with the scroll, but before he completed the action, another deranged thought flared.

The only thing I've been tormenting is myself. Zane braked the bike, but maneuvered into an alleyway.

What am I saying? Zane asked himself. The setting sunlight shone over the building, and Zane walked into the darkness of the alley.

Is this the scroll again? Him? Fear trembled through him, and he leaned on the side of the wall.

Just silence it. Silence the thoughts I'm thinking. He's thinking. Zane corrected. He kicked a can in frustration.

Calm down. If I keep confusing him for me, then everything will fall apart. Zane sighed.

Is it even right to call him 'him'? Is it? Isn't it just me shoving down every emotion I've felt since I fused the insane sight of me with myself?

Zane laughed. What am I saying? I wouldn't-- He stilled himself.

I wouldn't hurt someone? He said wobbly.

But for some reason, every word he expressed felt like a lie.

Let me just get this over with. Zane reunited the contracting sides, and a slow smile spread creeped across his face.

This feels.... Zane grasped the side of the wall. So good. He shifted into disguise and headed back to the parked bike. Zane swung onto the seat, and started the engines.

Borg Industries. Zane parked on the side of the street, then hopped off. He leaned against one of the trees, and the darkness covered his arrival.

Zane scanned the trees and spotted Kenya facing right at him. Kenya turned around, but Zane could see a quiet blue light emitting from her side. Zane took out his own card, and a message appeared.

We've got word that someone from Borg Industries may know about Turner's location. Kenya said. Based on his normal route, he should be coming here right about now.

Any torture involved? Zane replied.

Save that for later. Kenya added.

Someone's here. Zane text. Zane went numb when he saw the colors red, green, and black dart passed the streets.

We've got ninja.