Epsiode 20.5

(A/N: I have to divide this chapter into pieces, or else the transitions would be illogical. You might see parts like this later in the story too.)

>_<

The entire city felt a presence.

It was an unknown presence. It had lingered in the back of their minds, silently busying itself and separating itself away from the population.

Over time, many came to ignore this presence, and fill it with other worries. If the presence didn't affect them, then why care about it?

But tonight, that presence made itself known again. Like a viola starting to play in the orchestra, the entre city realized that viola's significance.

And that viola was only starting to emerge.

>_<

The police chief was silently building up his 3D-masterpiece when a man burst open his door. Startled, the commissioner pretended to be at work.

"What is it?" He asked gruffly.

"Trouble." The policeman showed the video to the chief, and the chief gasped.

"How--When--What? How are they still here?" The commissioner asked, his emotions coated on his sleeve.

"The bigger question is, how much have they been doing? Reports show that they should've died since Skylor took over Chen's organization, and many assumed that they would've died out, but this shows the opposite. In fact, it shows worst than the opposite."

The commissioner narrowed his eyes. "Did you take down the video?"

"We already blocked the user, but it was too late. By the time they even stumbled across it, the video was shared millions of times."

"Dang it!" The police chief pounded his fists on the desk.

"What're they after?" The commissioner asked. The policeman shrugged.

"Who knows. All I know, is that the Tournament of Blades is about to begin. And they conveniently showed this a few days before it."

"You think they're participating in it?" The police chief asked.

"Perhaps. It would make sense to show off their power before the tournament to intimidate others. But that also means we would have a chance to see who's connected to them."

The commissioner thought for a moment. "I want two of our men to go in. Can we also get a ninja to join?"

The policeman shook his head no. "Last time I heard, the ninja had taken a vacation. I doubt we can enlist in their help."

The commissioner sighed. "How about we just send two of our men into the tournament? One can face off against the Yulta representative, and the other can investigate behind the scene. We'll announce to the general public that one will join the tournament to throw off Yulta's suspicions."

The policeman nodded, and returned to his post. Sighing, the commissioner returned to his project.

It was going to be a long night.

>_<

Elsewhere, in a junkyard, an old couple danced to a radio. Jay sighed, then smiled. He returned to watching YouTube on his phone, and closed the video. Curious, he went onto trending.