Episode 30

(A/N: I don't normally say get ready, or brace yourselves.

But brace yourselves.)

Kenya crammed into the stands with Trystan, the stadium already packed. She had returned early to make sure her seat wasn't stolen, and was glad she did so. The entire stadium was filled with speculators who eagerly awaited the fight.

"I guess being a part of Yulta would cause such a commotion." Kenya muttered under her breath. There was still a few minutes left before the fight, yet no room was left for anyone. Thinking about it now, Kenya recalled the guards closing off the lines.

"Hi everyone!" A familiar voice struck the audience, and the two saw Merriweather out on the field. "I see you all have gotten back from the concession stands! There's a lot of good snacks out there, like the purple cotton candy!"

"Why does she remind me of Juliet?" Trystan sighed.

"But anyways, let's get on to what you all have been waiting for!" Merriweather said, smiling. "For today's afternoon fight, we'll have Azne matched up against Zeke!"

The crowd cheered in delight, and Merriweather had to wait a solid couple of minutes before they calmed down. Apparently, everyone was hyped up for the appearance of the Yulta member.

Merriweather waved her hand in Zane's corner. "In one corner, we have Azne. He has a pretty impressive streak, 528 casualties, and took first place in the preliminaries."

"In the other corner." Merriweather extended her hand to the other side of the stadium. "We have Zeke. He scored 16th place in the preliminaries, and didn't get a single casualty. But the footage from his previous fight with Azne shows he's got capable skills."

"But without further ado!" Merriweather waltzed off the field. "Let the match begin!"

Zane leaned inside against a wall, watching Merriweather come off the field.

I wonder if Zeke ever recovered from his wounds. He pondered. He smirked.

Like I care. Zane watched the doors open, up, and he strolled into the fields. The audience roared in delight as his appearance, but Zane ignored their excitement. Zane stared straight at Zeke, who looked fully recovered. He wore a military grade uniform, and this time, had a mask over his face.

Zane unhooked his weapon, and slid his hands over the cold metal. This time, he had no hesitance in him. This was his fight. And nobody, from Wu to his family, would interrupt it.

Sighing happily, Zane approached Zeke, who drew his two pistols.

"I guess this time we can finish the fight we started, no?" Zane said on the field. Zeke narrowed his eyes, and Zane chuckled slowly. He looked at the ground.

Zane stared at Zeke, eyes fresh white. "This is going to be fun." Zane chuckled, throwing both blades at Zeke's face. Zeke jumped to dodge, but Zane charged up in the blink of an eye at his face. He kicked Zeke straight in the face, and the impact caused him to fly about 20 feet into the air. A small shield prevented him from hitting the audience, and Zeke dropped to the floor.

"That's the barrier we put up to prevent opponents from flying out the arena!" Merriweather puffed. "It's able to withstand the strength of a bomb, so you don't need to worry about flying projectiles!"

The shield Merriweather talked about cracked in response, and Merriweather chuckled, worried.

Zeke's goggles cracked and fell to the floor, and the audience glimpsed at his face. Black hair arched over his face, and the man wiped away blood frothing from his mouth.