Episode 34

Juliet twirled like a ballerina into the crowd, and Zane distanced himself five feet away from her. Juliet noticed this and frowned, and Gavin, Trystan, and Kenya ignored their interaction and pushed through the crowd.

Day six of the tournament had just begun, and the leaders had decided to post the new fighters on a physical board, rather online. Since the leader board also opened up to the public, swarms of people had arrived to check out the new matches.

Gavin and Kenya had gone up to see the leader board, while Trystan became stuck in the crowd. Zane watched as Kenya made her way back with a scowl on their face.

"I tell these people to not match make him with her, but no! They go against my wishes and do it anyways! Buffoons." Kenya shook her head, and Zane gritted his teeth.

"Me against P.I.X.A.L., huh?" Zane asked. Gavin gave a short nod, and Zane sighed.

"It was because of the confrontation you had with her two days ago. The people in the audience apparently reported the incident to the committee, who decided it would be interesting if you two fought each other." Kenya stated.

Two days ago, P.I.X.A.L. had decided to challenge Zane to a fight, and Zane hastily replied. The two were about to seriously compete until Wu broke up their fight.

After that day, Zane spent the entire next trying to listen to their conversations using the bug, but it was no use. Zane suspected P.I.X.A.L. had something to do with it, as the bug stopped working.

Zane scowled in annoyance. "I should have expected this. It's fine." Kenya paused.

"Are you sure? It would literally tear me to pieces if I was forced to fight my brother Nick." Kenya replied. Gavin and Trystan seemed stunned at her proposal.

Zane lowered his eyes. "Nick's your brother?" Kenya nodded.

"It's fine, really. When does the first match begin?" Zane asked.

"Few minutes." Gavin replied, checking a watch. Zane dashed over to the fighters' entrance, and the guards greeted him and allowed him entry. Zane walked through the gates, and noticed the stadium quickly filling up.

Merriweather began her speech in the middle field, comparing the two competitors and their status. Zane looked over at the other side of the field, where P.I.X.A.L. stood, waiting.  Zane unhooked his blade, then clenched it. 

Zane studied himself in the mirror, then smiled.

Fighting you won't stop hurt me. It'll actually makes me even more excited. Zane thought. He looked up to find Merriweather walking off the field, and the doors opening up. Zane went outside, and the crowd greeted him with hyped up roars.

Zane ignored the cheers, and focused on the girl before him. P.I.X.A.L. pulled out two katanas, and readied them before him. With a long sigh, Zane swung both his blades.

"On the count of three!" Merriweather exclaimed. P.I.X.A.L. tightened her stance.

"Two!" Zane did the same as P.I.X.A.L.

"One! Go!" Both opponents took off at the sound of Merriweather's voice, and the audience stared at awe. Zane swung his two blades at P.I.X.A.L., who used both katanas to evade. The chains clunked heavily against the resistance the katanas put up, and Zane smiled. P.I.X.A.L. narrowed her eyes, and Zane swooped in with the two blades at hand.

Zane charged up to P.I.X.A.L. and jabbed a blade at her, but P.I.X.A.L. blocked his attack with the blade of her sword.

"Nice defense robot."

"The same could be said with you."

The two ended their conversation and backed off. Zane swung his two blades straight at P.I.X.A.L., and P.I.X.A.L. hit them with her katanas.

Zane smirked. "I guess friends of the ninja also have some worth. But this is taking too long."

Zane retracted the chains and blades, and held both blades. He pointed one chain at P.I.X.A.L.'s face.

"Let's end this, no?"

Zane dug his foot into the ground, then launched at P.I.X.A.L. P.I.X.A.L. looked up to see him soaring over him, and gasped. Zane grinned, then threw the blades at her at a high speed. P.I.X.A.L. blocked again, but this time, the blades instead stuck into the ground. P.I.X.A.L. looked down in surprise at the change, and Zane took a blade out, then swung it at a long distance using the chain. P.I.X.A.L dodged the blade, yet Zane used the other blade in the ground to throw himself at P.I.X.A.L.

P.I.X.A.L. glanced up to see Zane flying at her, and she quickly took out both katanas to stop his attack. Zane frowned, then swung his second dagger out the ground and into her chest.

P.I.X.A.L. stared up at Zane's white eyes, a bit shaken from his speed, and stared into his face. Zane looked straight back at her, a grin on his face.

The speed of the blade swung true and high, fast enough to even penetrate P.I.X.A.L.'s metallic body. P.I.X.A.L looked to her left to find Zane's titanium blade ripping through her software.

Warning. Breach inside system. P.I.X.A.L. tried distancing herself, then looked up to see Zane's smirk. P.I.X.A.L. jumped back, but the chain connected to the blade pulled her back. P.I.X.A.L. grunted, then pulled the blade out her back. P.I.X.A.L. stared at Zane, whose cold ice eyes swung the dagger in mid air.

Sparks flew out of P.I.X.A.L's body, and the android swayed on her feet. Zane calmly approached her, and stood above her.

P.I.X.A.L. stared at him with pleading eyes, and Zane smiled. With a flick of the wrist, the dagger broke through P.I.X.A.L's arm, and it swung into the grass field.

Zane glared at P.I.X.A.L., a twisted smile inching on his face. P.I.X.A.L. looked at him, and with a sigh, raised her arm.

"I surrender." The crowd looked at her angered. Zane smiled.

"I guess robots do suffer hmm? How interesting." Zane smiled.

P.I.X.A.L. stared at him with a hint of hatred, and Zane smiled maliciously. Seeing the match come to a none-blood soaked arena, Merriweather happily skipped over to declare Zane as the winner.

Zane grinned triumphantly over P.I.X.A.L, and the crowd screamed at his success. Zane sent a quick glance over at P.I.X.A.L., who had moved to recollect her arm.

I'm at least glad that I was the one to rip her to shreds and kick her out the tournament. Zane said, smiling. With this, he would be able to compete in the next round of the tournament.