Episode 39

I get hit by one of those flames, and I'm dead. Zane thought, staying on guard. As much as he desired to hear the agonizing screams of his opponent, Garmadon's reveling had cast away his original thoughts. For now, he only had one thing in mind.

Fight and win. Zane reflected.

Garmadon raised his palms, and a black aura flickered in them.

"Keep this between me and you. I won't use all of my abilities here, as this entire stadium would fall to pieces. But I doubt I need them all anyways." Garmadon spoke. Zane narrowed his eyes.

"But at the very least, make this an interesting fight." Garmadon finished. Zane chuckled.

"Of course. How could I leave without making you wail in agony?" Zane replied.

In the stadium, four Yulta members had concern written all over their faces.

"This is bad." Kenya said, eyes glued to the fight. "Really bad."

"He's completely nerfed if he can't use any of his abilities." Trystan said, training his eyes at Zane.

Juliet looked at Kenya, and Gavin. "What are his blades made of?" She asked, lowering her eyes.

"It's an experimental prototype. A mesh of titanium and silver. Why?" Kenya replied.

"Well, the bigger question is, how durable is it against an elemental user?" Juliet asked. Kenya stood in thought.

"I have no clue. It was made to withstand high speeds, and ice, but I don't know about destruction. Or that any of this would happen."

"Well, as long as the blades can survive." A look of pride crossed Juliet's face. "Then he can survive."

Zane clasped the titanium against his own, and braced himself for an attack. Garmadon lunged at Zane, and showed him a sword full of flames. Zane blocked it with hit own dagger, and to the audience's surprise, the dagger held it off. Garmadon glanced at the defense.

"So you can stop my blades, huh? Interesting." Three more blades attacked Zane on each side, but Zane chuckled. He took the chains and used them as a shield against the flames. The two sides backed off, but Garmadon chuckled.

Garmadon sheathed a sword, and threw black flames after Zane. Zane dodged each attack, and black fire burst within the stadium.

The flames ate away at the walls of the stadium, but the sprinkler system turned on to hinder the flames.

Six purple fires surrounded Garmadon, and Zane grasped his daggers. Flames burst towards him, and Zane casually blocked his attacks by swinging the chains.

Zane smiled. "At this rate, I guess I can hear some screams today." Zane pushed off the ground towards Garmadon at a high speed, but Garmadon lit purple flames to encircle himself. Frowning, Zane took his own blade, and cancelled out the fire. He then pulled out the second blade and threw it backwards; stopping his momentum, and taking himself out of Garmadon's range.

"It's harder for me to attack you if you get scared and use your flames." Zane complained.

Garmadon smirked. "It makes this fight a lot easier then." Zane smiled.

"I said it'd be harder. I didn't say I couldn't attack you." Zane lunged towards Garmadon, who responded with a wall of flames. Zane grinned, then rotated his blades to combat the flames. The fire halted from the sudden movement in air, and the circle in between allowed Zane to charge into Garmadon's close quarter rang. Garmadon reacted with four blades, but Zane swung his other blade to stop his attack. Using the dagger which had halted the fire attack, Zane swung it at Garmadon, but Garmadon caught it with his hand.