Five vs One............. Incident

3rd person's POV

It was now time and everyone was awaiting the game to start. Even a purple haired guy was getting anxious to watch it.

Meanwhile, on the court. a nearly bald headed guy came near to the Teiko bench. "Excuse me?" He asked and the girl looked up. "Wow! You look really ordinary from afar, but up close you look really intimidating! Captain!!! I want to be the one marking her!! She looks like she won't get past me!" The guy yelled then his captain grabbed his head and lowered it. "I'm sorry for his behavior. He just says what comes to his mind. Also, little girl, don't hesitate to get subbed out if you get annoyed at this guy." Then they left. "But your words are as harsh as mine, captain!" Baldy said. "Baka! I just don't sugarcoat my words." His captain replied. The guy with purple hair watching from the audience was laughing from what just happened.

Mizumi's POV

After they left, I was really ticked of. "Akashi-kun. 5on1 is needed from the very start. Please." I said. Annoyance clearly reflected on my face. He nodded his head and sat down. I went to the desk of the officials and said that I'll be playing by myself. The others were confused but the American official explained everything to them.

"The game between Seiho High and Teiko High will now begin!" The referee said. The Seiho players lined up, and when I was the only one standing to represent Teiko. They all looked confused. I smirked at this.

"Why are you alone? Are they scared that they won't defeat us?" Baldy asked. "Uh, No. I don't need anyone to help me defeat you." Now, I sound like i'm boasting... The referee blew his whistle and they got to their positions. Let this game, begin!

3rd person's POV

After the whistle blew, they got ready for the tip off. Tsumoto Iwamura, Seiho's captain, would be the one to go head to head with Mizumi. The ref. threw the ball and both of them jumped. Mizumi got the ball first and ran through all the Seiho players and dunked. The members of Seiho stood shocked. "I told you. I don't need anyone to defeat you." Mizumi said and dribbled the ball. Seiho immediately regained composure and went to defense. No. 10 blocked Mizumi and started pressuring her. 'Since she doesn't have any teammates on the court she'll be fouled' no. 10 thought to himself..... But then lost sight of the girl. Mizumi ran outside the arc and threw the ball which went in scoring 3 points for Teiko.

No. 4 took the ball and passed to no. 7. The girl immediately caught up and blocked his shot. "How did you get there?!" no. 7 exclaimed. "Tsugawa! You're supposed to be guarding her!" Seiho's captain yelled. "I know!" he answered with a creepy smile on his face. The girl caught the ball and sped towards the opponents hoop. Awaiting her there was no. 4. She jumped from the free throw lane faking to do a dunk. No.4 jumped to block, not expecting it was a fake. Mizumi rotated mid-air and shot the ball with a high arc.

"Falling Star" the purple-head guy mumbled in the audience. Everyone watching was clearly amazed that a single girl is giving one of the three kings a hard time. "Seiho Time-out" breathing heavily. All of the players went to their benches. "Mi-chan! You look pale again!" Momoi exclaimed which made all of the Teiko members look at her. "Momoi-san, don't worry. I'm fine. If you see me make so much as one mistake. I'll gladly accept help from you guys. I just want to show them that they aren't that strong." she explained. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Akashi glaring. She followed where he was looking and he was glaring at no. 10.

But no. 10 was just smiling. He even waved at her when he saw her looking at him. Mizumi was really ticked at how he was acting. The buzzer went off signaling time out was over. Seiho didn't change anything. No. 10 was still marking Mizumi. But she would pass him from time to time.....