Chapter 36: True Identity

~So the Gang is currently walking in the Back Streets of Town and heading back to U.A. Deku and the others are a little farther ahead then Todoroki and Dabi~

~P.O.V. with Todo and Dabi~

Todoroki:..... What's the real reason you're helping us?

Dabi: *surprised but expected that question* I thought I already said why.

Todoroki: You looked at me and only me with guilt and regret...... There's something you're not telling us...

Dabi: Heh....... You read people very well for someone who has a resting monotone face 24/7.

Todoroki: ......*looks at Dabi as he waits for the true reason*

Dabi: 'He's probably going to find out anyway'........ Look you probably aren't going to believe me if I say and be pretty furious as well. But this is what I expected....... So do you really want to know.......*looks at Todroki with a serious look* Truly want to find this out from me?.....

Todoroki: *curious* Find what?

Dabi: *heavy sigh, scratching his neck*........Look........ I would say you would need to take a seat first but, *chuckles* Clearly, there are no chairs.

Todoroki: *confused*

Dabi: * breaths* I-I'm sorry....... I'm s-sorry that I-I... left you with that asshole of a Father and not for protecting You, Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Mom from him I.....tch............FUCK!!!!....*tears start to form*

Todoroki: *eyes widen* What? 

Dabi: ......Never knew saying this would make me want to burn something right now......*getting frustrated and sad with himself for not protecting them* (Kai: He's a sad/angry flame boy right now)

Todoroki: *stops walking* 'It.... can't be him.....He......He... Looks different....'

Deku: *sees Todoroki stop* Shoto?

Dabi: *stops in front of him back facing Todo* Heh........Y-You're probably wondering w-why I look d-different, Right.....

Todoroki: B-But.......... *grinds teeth and yells* HE WOULDN'T JOIN THE LEAGUE OF VILLAINS!!! HE WOULDN'T HURT OTHERS!!!!

~Everyone stops~

Deku: Todo? 'He never shouted at anyone like this before...'

Dabi: Heh.......I guess you're right......But I'm speaking the truth... All that so-called training that Asshole did to Me and then Started on Y-You!........ I-I have these scars to keep me w-well aware of t-those d-days.....

Todoroki: 'Only the people in my family knew about that damn bastard training...' 

Dabi: And...... Well, I had something I wanted to change..........That only the League of Villains offered me........A place to rest........And to keep me from.........Hurting my Family................. And if you hadn't noticed I only hurt the ones that committed a mass murder crime or done plenty of shit in this city..........

Todoroki: I-It really c-c-can't.... *shakes away his tears*

Hitoshi: Todoroki, what does he mean?

Gem: Todoroki?

Deku: *goes towards Todorki and grabs his arm to comfort him* Todo?

Todoroki: W-What Was The One Pet I Had That Father Didn't Know About?

Dabi: *shocked* W-What?

Todoroki: WHO WAS THE ONE COMPANION THAT STAYED BY MY SIDE DURING THAT TORTURE!!!!