Chapter 5

Dinner was going great. Sounds of cutleries filled the table. The meal was delicious.

Everyone were making little talks until Rick suddenly spoke up facing Jacqueline.

"So, tell us about you, Jacqueline".

Feeling nervous, she looked up from her food and was greeted with several pairs of eyes.

She smiled shyly, " My last name is George. I'm 27, a fashion stylist. I'm from Brooklyn."

" What about your parents, dear"? Kat asked.

" Mum is a lawyer, Dad's company deals in plastics. "

" How did you two meet"? I asked looking at both Hunter and jacqie.

Everyone also agreed. Eager for the details.

Facing jacqie while smiling lovely at her. Hunter kissed her palms while holding her eyes.

The sight was so beautiful, Kat eyes were shinning with tears.

Leyla squealed, "you guys are so cute".

Clearing his throat dramatically, Hunter started, " Well, what can I say? Jacqie love, just couldn't resist my charm, purposely tripped and fell over me to get my attention". He finished with a cheeky grin.

" Oh, please babe, like you weren't the one stalking me". Jacqie laughed.

" Love, you literally fell on me". Hunter chuckled.

Then they started bickering. Hunter looked so happy. Eyes shinning bright. Jacqie looked flustered. Her eyes showing warmth and happiness.

No wonder Hunter is settling down. They looked so happy and in love.

"So, I guess we won't be hearing how you met" Kat said laughing.

That brought them back to reality.

Stopping their bantering, they realized the table was silent. They were all looking at them.

Blushing profusely, "we got carried away" jacqie said.

"Clearly". Jade teased.

"It's good. You guys are happy. That's all that matters". Jedrek said.

" And cute". Leyla added

" I'm happy for you guys" I told them honestly.

" Welcome to the family, jacqie". Rick smiled.

"You are practically my daughter. You can call me mum". Kat said fondly.

Feeling choked with the unexpected love from them. Jacqueline gave them a watering smile.

"Thank you all. I'm so glad you guys are happy for us". Hunter smiled

" Well, it's not hard. Seeing you willing to settle down, that means you must have been truly happy". Rick told him while patting his back.

Excusing herself to use the restroom, jacqie left the table.

I stood up from my seat and start clearing the table. Leyla joined me.

Getting to Hunter, I pinched his cheek, told him he did great.

"I'm proud of you, baby. She seems like a good girl". Kat told Hunter.

"Yeah, she is. Thanks, mum".

The men went to the living room to watch the game.

Jacqueline came back from the bathroom and joined us in the kitchen.

She hugged Kat . Mum was surprised, but recovered in time. Gave her a motherly hug.

"Thanks for accepting me with opened arms"

"You are welcome, dear".

"Don't break his heart". I told her sternly.

She gulped audibly.

" Don't mind Lil, she can't hurt a fly. She's the angel of this family".

But, yeah, if you break his heart, be ready to face me". Leyla said in a deadly tone.

" Never" jacqie assured

" Good". We all chorused with smiles.

Fifteen minutes later, Hunter and jacqie bid their good-byes.

Jade and Jedrek also left not long after.

Feeling exhausted, everyone retired to bed.

Getting to my room, I removed my shoes and gown.

Just in my bra and panties, I flopped on the bed.

The last thing I saw before drifting off to sleep land was my phone screen indicating a new notification.

Target locked

I smirked.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT