Chapter 17

I wanna say a big shout out 💃 to KarinaMartinez1600 . You are appreciated, love 😘.

Now, to the chapter

*********

I'm pissed. No! I'm infuriated. Who does he thinks he his ?? turning everything upside down.

I was currently in my room, pacing back and forth shaking with fury and fear.

Why does he want to destroy my life.
Mike already did a perfect job.

Remembering earlier conversation made me more mad.

••••••••
'cara mia, what have you been hiding from us? '

Hiding!? Uhn? Did they know already? But if they knew mom won't be smiling right now, dad's face was impassive. Leyla's face said otherwise. Her expression showed hurt. What's going on!?. I thought nervously.

'yes honey, we know all about it.' dad said.

'pretender' leyla muttered under her breath but I heard it.

Okay, now I'm full time panicking. Pretender?? I didn't want them to find out at all. That was the reason for everything.

Trying not to let my emotion betray me, 'what are you all talking about' I asked down playing the matter.

'Quit with the act, Lil. We saw him' Leyla said annoyed.

'yes, he came over, Cara Mia' mom added.

'you shouldn't have hidden in him from us. You know we won't judge you' dad sighed.

'He?? Who came over? '

'Daniel, Cara Mia' mom smiled.

Shit! He's so dead.

'according to Kat , he's quite the catch ' dad winked.

Ewww. Daniel, yuck.

If only you guys knew, you will not want me to go down that lane again.

' Lilith, how could you lie to me? He was the very same Daniel we met at the beach. I hope you remembered what you said that day, sister' Leyla said emphasizing the sister.

This looks bad. No wonder she's so mad at me. She probably thinks I deceived her.

Damn you, Daniel.

' I think you are all mistaken. Daniel isn't my friend. He's just a very annoying human being who I'm trying to get rid of '.

' leyla, trust me. I would never deceive you. He isn't my friend.' I assured her.

' I thought so too but I was really disappointed. Anyway, I believe you now.'

'cara mia, why do you not want him? He was such a charming young man. I think you should give him a try'.

I scoffed at that.

'mom is right, Lil. I like him and I still don't understand why you say what you said that day. '
••••••••

I thought he would leave me seeing as his calls kept going to voicemail and messages unanswered .

I'll bother about him later.

I occupied myself with random things.

At around 11pm, I sneaked out of the house.
Everyone was already asleep.

I was dressed in all black. The car I would take was parked halfway down the street.
Don't ask me how I got it.

Trekking for 10mins, I got to the car, entered and drove to my destination.