Chapter 28

Jasmine POV

It was a cloudy Saturday evening. The sky was gloomy. It reflected Jasmine's feelings. She was standing on Lilith's door step. She had Agnes and a box with her. Her sapphire eyes were bleak. Little Agnes hugged her teddy bear with one hand while the other was held by her mother. Jasmine knocked on the door. She didn't have to wait much cos Lilith was aware of her arrival. Jasmine had called Lilith during the drive to her house. She couldn't really talk well but her tone alarmed Lilith. Lilith opened the door for them, she raised an eyebrow at their luggage. She helped them inside nonetheless. Agnes was happy to see her favorite Aunt. Jasmine settled on the couch and broke down in tears. Lilith consoled her, still in the dark. She doesn't know what's going on or why they were there.

" Mummy has been crying all day" Agnes said playing with her doll.

" Really? Why is that?" Lilith said with furrowed brows.

" I don't know but it's because of daddy." Agnes replied.

"Shhh Ag, that's enough". Jasmine shut her daughter.

" What's going on, Jas?" Lilith inquired, concerned. " What's pumpkin talking about"?

" It's nothing. She's just being silly. " Jasmine said while wiping her tears.

" Really! I don't know pigs have grown wings. If there's nothing, why are you here with a box in my damn apartment". Lilith raised her brows, daring Jasmine to lie.

" I just need to stay here for a few days and I'll be out of your hair. I can handle it on my own."

" You know you can tell me anything, Jas. Think about Agnes".

" Don't worry. Everything will be fine, soon. Just don't tell Mom nor the guys that we are here".

" Alright. I believe that you'll tell me when you are ready? "

" Yeah, I promise. Thank you so much".

" It's nothing. Come, let me show you the guest room".

Jasmine doesn't want to burden Lilith with her problem. She came to her cos she felt safe there. And she can't go to their parents. Things have been going south lately. She needed to stay here cos of Agnes. She's too small to go through that. And she promised to tell Lilith soon. She just wasn't ready at the moment.

Jasmine settled in the guest room. Ag had gone to play with Lilith. The alone moment gave Jasmine time to think about her situation. She couldn't help but shed more tears. How did they get here. She would do anything to protect herself and her baby. Jasmine thought back to earlier today. What happened was the last straw she needed. That kind of environment isn't good for a child. She doesn't want to involve the police. And she sure as hell won't let Jade or Jedrek find out. They would tear Jason apart. She slept off mid thought.

Lilith was in the sitting room with Agnes. Agnes favorite cartoon, SpongeBob, was on. Lilith sneaked away while Agnes attention was fully on the TV. She went to check on Jas. She was worried about her. Jasmine has never breakdown like that. She was a strong woman. She opened the door quietly and peeped inside the room. Lilith saw Jasmine, fast asleep. She smiled and stepped fully into the room. Lilith pulled the covers over Jasmine's frame and kissed her forehead. Whenever you are ready, she told her sleeping form and left the room.

Jasmine didn't sleep well. She woke up sometime in the night. She sat up and and searched beside her. No sign of Agnes. She stood up and left the room. She found her in Lilith's room. They were already asleep. Agnes was wrapped around Lilith's form. She smiled at the sight. If only she could have it as easy as Lilith. But no, Jason had to lose his job and became a nightmare.