Epilogue

Two years later

" Babe! Baaaabe!"

" OMG! You're yelling like so loud. Chill" lilith chuckled while shaking her head at her husband. He can be very impatient and childish.

" But, i'm missing you" Daniel pouted.

" I was with you few minutes ago". She gasped dramatically, "Dn't  tell me you're jealous of your son"

Daniel grinned sheepishly. What can he say? He loved his wife and doesn't like sharing her. " You only have eyes for our son these days. What about me, huhn, daddy needs some loving too" he gave her a puppy look.

" Awwwn! Daddy's being a big cry baby" she cooed. " Alright, come here, love." She moved towards him for a kiss.

The kiss never came. Daniely woke up, it was another dream. The dream change everytime. Sometimes, lilith would be chasing him with knife, blaming him for her death, other times, he would dream they were happily in love. He wasn't himself since her death.

Nora was arrested and taken to court. She confessed to everything and pleaded guilty. The paternity test, the pregnancy, the wedding, the fiance issue were false. During investigation, it was found out she had history of mental illness. The court sent her to the Mental Institution.

Daniel was miserable. He mourned the loss of his love everyday. What happened to Lilith was unfortunate. She didn't deserve it. Her family still doesn't know about her past or her ways. He planned on keeping it a secret cos that's what Lilith would have wanted.

He blamed himself for her death. He should have been transparent with her. Let her understand how deluded Nora was. And now, he was left with a gaping hole where his heart belonged.

Daniel planned to open a free counselling institute in memory of Lilith. The programmes would be run by professionals.  Both male and female would be counseled  about domestic violence, sexual assault, abuse and the likes. There would also be help for people facing those challenges.

His plan was the only thing that gets him by everyday. His friends several attempts to get him back to normal were futile. They can't understand. A part of him had died with Lilith. He can only hope she forgives him.

++++++++++++++++

It was quiet, the leaves swayed softly to the hushed whisper of June breeze. The surrounding was filled with varieties of flowers, some fresh, some wilted. Rows of tombstones laid looking gloomy. A certain tombstone stood out with engraving in curly calligraphy.

Leyla sat at the foot of the tombstone with a bouquet of lily flowers in hands. She wore a sad look. " Hi, sis, I'm here again. How are you today?" She dropped the flowers and laid her upper part on the grave. She smiled sadly. " I don't think I can ever forgive myself but I hope you forgive me. I blamed myself for what happened. It's my fault you are where you are now." She sniffed and tucked few strands of hair behind her ear.
" So many if's, Lilith, I'm so sorry. If I hadn't pestered you to give him a chance, you'd be with us right now playing the best sister ever. If i hadn't encouraged Daniel, you'd be alive living your dreams. Our family keep telling me it's not my fault but i dn't believe them. I should have listened to you. Lilith, your absence left a big hole in all of us. You were such a sunshine, always happy and ready to help others. I dn't think it can ever be filled. But, i hope you are happy over there." A tear escaped her eye. She changed her position and laid on her back, staring at the blue sky.
" If only you had waited for daniel to come back instead of taking those pills. Sis, Daniel wasn't lying. Nora was actually the bitch, she was crazy. But, dn't worry, she got what she deserved. Locked away in homes for the metal."  "  Have you crossed path with Hunter? We miss him too. We miss you both." She kissed the tombstone and stood up. " I promise to visit again soon. Rest in peace, sis. I love you".

Lovely readers😍

We officially came to the end of Distorted. I want you to know i appreciate all the times you spent reading this book🤗. Thank you😘.

Message me or make use of the comment section, i'm waiting for your feedbacks/ reviews on this book😅. And let's not forget to vote😉.  Recommend this book to your friends, dn't be the only person enjoying it😒😂.

Follow my account❤️, i'll be posting another story soon😋.

Love y'all plenty,

Fatimah. ❤️