Chapter 16

Daniel's mood took a 360.  His employees were on edge. Well, one can't blame them, they have been on the receiving end of his mood swings for a month now.

His friends were also complaining. He hasn't been a fun company to be around.

He hasn't been taking care of himself.

He buried himself in his work, spending late hours at the company. Most times, he was close to spending the night.

You're probably wondering why? Well, it's no brainier. Lilith.

Lilith has been no show at the hospital. At first, he thought nothing of it but, seeing as she was also absent the following day, he became worried.

He asked after her from Dawn who in turn told him about Lilith's brother's death and that Lilith was done at the hospital. She has completed her 6 months.

During this 6months, they have become sort of acquaintances. They can't be called friends. Lilith was still ignoring him. Anytime he visited, the conversation has always been one sided. Most times she went extreme to avoid him. There were occasions security dragged him out because they believed him to be 'trouble'.

He has always wondered why she despised him that much.

Fortunately for him and unfortunately for Lilith, nothing could deter him. He was one hell of  stubbornness.

Ever since he heard the news, Daniel has been calling and dropping messages for her.

But, Lilith hasn't been picking his calls nor replying his messages.

Zero communication with her for over a month and he was going crazy.

He couldn't see her either.

He has her house address but he didn't know what to expect if he should visit.

Daniel waited for 3 more days before making up his mind.

He's decided to visit her at home, not minding the consequences.

Hoping for a positive outcome, he drove to her house.

She lived in a nice neighborhood. The houses were beautiful with well trimmed lawns.

Daniel parked in her driveway.

He came down from the car and walked to her porch, he rang the doorbell. He heard footsteps from the inside.

He put on his signatory smile, hoping it to be Lilith.

But, the door opened only to reveal a pretty woman.
She smiled at him questioningly.

"Hello ma'am"

"Hi, dear. How may I help you? "

" My name is Daniel. I'm a friend of Lilith".

" Lilith? " She asked surprised

" Yes ma'am".

Ushering him in, she was excited to see a friend of Lilith.

Lilith never brought home friends nor talk about them, male especially.

Daniel stepped into the house.

Looking around " you have a lovely home"

"Thank you, dear" she smiled.

"I'm Katherine, Lilith's mother"

" Wow! The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Daniel said trying to charm his way.

Kat blushed, she liked the man already plus he's good looking and has manners.

"Please, have a seat. Get yourself comfortable. I'll be right back".

" Thank you, ma'am".

" You're welcome. Please call me Kat".

Katherine went into the kitchen to get Daniel some refreshments.

She was intercepted by leyla.

"I heard someone's voice" Leyla said confused, she went to the fridge for bottled water.

"Yes. A friend of Lilith"

Spitting out the water she was about to swallow, leyla, ever the drama queen asked surprised " what?? Lilith's friend?? In this house???" eyes as wide as a saucer

"I'm as surprised. He's such a charming guy. Very handsome".

"Guy? No way! I have to see him". She followed her mother back to the living room.

"Here you go, dear" setting the tray on the table.

"Thank you, Kat. So nice of you".

" You!" Leyla exclaimed pointing at Daniel. She was between surprised, confused and excited.

"Do you know him, ley"?

"It's you. You're the brunette" Daniel said surprised.

" Do you two know each other" Kat was confused.

"Yes"

"No"

They said at the same time.

"Leyla, what's going on"? Kat asked facing her daughter with a hand on her hip.

"I'm not sure he's friends with Lil" Leyla said indignantly folding her arms.

" I'm sorry, Kat. I think she's just confused." Daniel said trying to find an excuse before they sent him out. And he hasn't even seen Lilith. "I'm really Lil's friend. How would I have known to come here, if not? I guess she hasn't said anything about me".

" Hmm! He has a point there and no, I'm afraid we haven't heard about you" Kat said thoughtfully. She would hate to send him out because she already liked him.

Leyla was angry. She felt betrayed and deceived by Lilith. She couldn't believe it, Lilith told her to stay away from guys like him. She said they're trouble. Now he's here, claiming to be her friend. So, Lilith lied to her. No! It can't be.

"If I may ask, is Lilith home?" Daniel asked. Things were going fine until brunette here, I mean leyla came. With the way she's staring at me, I bet she doesn't believe me. I just pray Kat doesn't listen to her.

"You are her friend, right? That means you would her phone number, so why don't you call her, huhn?" Leyla taunted him.

"Enough! Leyla" Kat scolded her "Lilith isn't home right now. Maybe you should check back later" she smiled at him.

Why didn't she say so from the start instead of inviting him inside.

He bid them bye and made his way to his car.

He entered the car and started the engine.

That was intense, he thought. They were surprised and leyla was hell bent on proving him wrong. At least Kat seemed to like him, he mused.

What would have happened if Lilith was at home. She would probably tear him a new one for having the gut to visit her house, he chuckled.

God! I'm so whipped.

At least, he felt a tiny bit better.

Daniel ❤️❤️ ❤️. Katherine was already smitten by him. Poor leyla, she must be very bitter right now, but what do I know. I wonder what Lilith would do after hearing of Daniel's visit.

Alright guys, let's not forget to Vote! Vote! Vote! and Comment... please.

XOXOXO