Chapter 35 ( finale)

"It's time i step in. Apparently, my plans so far weren't effective enough. The proposal must not happen. Daniel, you belong to me and no other" Nora thought out loud.

__________________

Daniel and leyla already had everything prepared for the proposal. The only thing left is to trick Lilith into following them to the location. The duo drove down to her house ready to put their plan into action. But they were totally unprepared for what they met.

Leyla tried the door and it was unlocked. She exchanged a curious glance with Daniel. They stepped into the house and saw Lilith. She was seated on the floor looking disheveled. Drinking! Her eyes were bloodshot.

Daniel rushed forward, he touched her arm gently. Lilith yanked her arm free with a low growl.

" Lil...Lilith...hey sis, are you okay?" Leyla crouched in front of her. She was worried.

Lilith raised her head towards her sister,
" tell him not to touch me. I don't want to see him! Go away!" She shrieked

Daniel was dumbfounded. He wasn't sure what happened. The last time he spoke with her on phone, everything was fine. What changed?

" Daniel? Are you talking about Daniel?"

She nodded frantically, " he's a liar! He fooled us! He...he has...I.." she broke into a sob.

" What happened, Lilith? What did I do wrong?" Daniel was lost.

Four hours earlier

" I'm coming" Lilith opened the door and was faced with a woman. The face looked familiar but she couldn't recall where.

" Hi, I'm Nora" she flashed a smile.

Nora! Yes! She's the same blonde from the picture. What was she doing at her house? Lilith thought.

" Hi " Lilith returned unsurely.

" Can I come in?" She didn't wait for Lilith's response. She slyly pushed Lilith out of the way and entered the house. Lilith was speechless. She looked at the woman properly. A baby bump was visible under the gown she wore.

" I'm sure you've seen me before. I'm not here to stay long, just wanna give you an advice" Nora gave her an evil smile.

" Really! " Lilith raised an eyebrow skeptically.

" As you can see, I'm pregnant and it's Daniel's. Shhh! You have the proof. The paternity test, yeah, I sent it. Oh! We're getting married this weekend. Here's the invite, you're invited dear. Don't be surprised. You aren't the first and it wasn't your fault. You're just one of the many girls that fell for his charm. It's a pity, really. You meant nothing to him, don't worry. I won't tell you twice, you know what to do" Nora stood up and flashed her another crazy smile.

Present

" What's wrong??? Your pregnant fiance showed up" Lilith sneered at him.

" What are you talking about, Lilith?" Leyla held her hands.

" Look at this" she belched, waving the invitation card at them.

Daniel snatched it from her and read the content. Unbelievable! Nora had gone too far this time. He was shaking with fury.

Lilith tried to stand up but failed. After Nora's unfortunate visit, Lilith had been stunned. She had consumed a whole bottle of her candy to ease the pain in her heart. She wanted to be numb.

" Dammit, Lil, how much did you drink?" Daniel helped her up.

She hit his chest repeatedly, cursing him back and forth. She was miserable.