A flood of loneliness in the rain rain rain

it's time
to rebel

***

"where are the others?" their father hissed.

"they're at the hospital." hyunggu said not meeting his father eyes.

"why? what did shinwon do to hongseok and yanan?" their mother asked her eyes showing concern. "shinwon is the one in the hospital." yuto said lowly, looking at the ground.

"oh well that's fine then." their mother said a smile coming on her face. the seven were staring at her in shock.

and hyojong broke. "why do you want us to hate shinwon so fucking much?!!" He yelled standing from his spot on the couch, everyone was staring at him, he just swore at his mother.

"jo hyojong don't disrespect your mother like that!" their father yelled.

changgu stood up, "He has a point why do we have to hate him! he's a great person!" he yelled, shocked at himself.

"changgu! he isn't a great person!" their mother yelled back.

"since when??!" wooseok cried from his spot on the couch.

"since the day he was born! he has brought nothing but pain to this family! now you all calm down, your mother and I need to file papers," their father said.

"for what?!!" jinho spat, that was almost the most shocking thing said.

"disownment of shinwon, yanan, and hongseok." the seven boys were silent. while this was all happening, hoetaek was sending the information to hongseok.

"no...no." hongseok said as he received hoetaek's messages. tears were filling his eyes as he handed his phone to the two on the bed. their smiles dropped immediately.

"t-the h-hyungs and th-then w-won't let th-them r-r-right??? right?" yanan cried as he gripped onto shinwon who was staring at the phone in shock.

the seven were in pure shock, they couldn't believe their parents. they didn't want to believe they were their parents. they were all worried, they weren't serious were they? they couldn't be who would be that cruel? if so how did they never notice? no one spoke when jinho stood up and went upstairs, they didn't really notice to be honest. jinho went in a room, and stayed there.

when he returned he had his usual disgusted face, "we don't need to care about shinwon". he said coldly sitting down. "he isn't good." he mumbled getting on his phone right away.

"we'll be fine." shinwon whispered to yanan, hongseok was on the phone with jun and joshua's dad, they had offered the three a place to stay while they figure everything out.

"why do they hate you so god damn much?" yanan sighed. "i don't know, yanan." shinwon sighed.

"come on guys, I'll sign shinwon's discharge papers then we're going to jun and josh's house." hongseok said handing both boys a bag of clothes.

the three boys got into hongseok's car, yanan plugged his phone into the aux cord. and all the boys were silent when the song came on, 'hey brother' by avicii had came on, it was the jo brothers secret anthem. tears were pulling in their eyes as the song continued, but little did they know, the other seven were also listening to the song. their family was divided, and the brothers couldn't do anything.

the song lasted four minutes, four sad minutes. yanan didn't have the heart to change it while it was playing, he couldn't. then the song changed and the three brothers let a smile come to their faces, it was 'shout out to my ex' by little mix. yanan loved little mix, hongseok and shinwon were enjoying yanan's backseat performance of the song. he had a good singing voice. shinwon was filming it, he wanted to keep it as a memory. the song changed once again, this time it was why don't we' trust fund baby. as they were driving they continued to bop to the song, and had tons of videos. these were memories they would never forget.

back at home the seven were suffering without their brothers, especially hyunggu, he had been smoking his vape every hour. yuto noticed but he didn't know how to fix it. wooseok knew too but he was too busy getting scolded by their father to confront hyunggu. but it was bad and hyunggu was preparing something. something big. something that would break them just as bad as the three leaving broke him. he was going to run away and find his brothers.